Looking for a delicious Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe? This homemade dressing is perfect for all of your favorite salad recipes. It's simple to make, with so much flavor, and a great way to dress up a simple green salad. Made with staple ingredients, and ready in no time!
Please note: This recipe was originally published in April of 2018, but it has been rephotographed and updated in May 2022. We hope you enjoy it!
Does it get better than homemade salad dressings? In our opinion, making your own salad dressing is one of the simple ways of taking your salad to the next level.
Green salads are no longer boring with delicious homemade vinaigrette dressing! You only need a few minutes and ingredients to make this simple recipe.
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Made with simple ingredients - You most likely have everything you need for this lemon vinaigrette dressing at home already. Anything you don't already have can be picked up at any grocery store!
- Quick and easy - This dressing is ready in under 15 minutes, and that's including the prep time!
- Super-versatile - The options are endless with this recipe. Use it on nearly any salad you can think of for a great pop of flavor. Make perfect spring and summer salads, or everyday salads any time of the year.
- No special equipment needed - While our preferred method for making this dressing quick and easy is in a food processor or high powered blender, it can also be made by hand with a whisk, or shaken up in mason jars!
- Healthier option - This recipe is refined sugar free, since it's sweetened with just a little bit of honey. It's naturally gluten free, low carb, and dairy free. To make it vegan, you could swap the honey for your favorite substitute.
Below are the ingredients used in this recipe. We will provide ideas for substitutions further on in the post. You can find nutritional information and full quantities in the recipe card.
- Fresh garlic - Mince up some garlic to bring the flavor of this dressing to the next level. You could substitute for garlic powder if you prefer.
- Apple cider vinegar - You could also substitute for some red wine vinegar.
- Dijon mustard - Adds a nice zing flavor to the dressing.
- Honey or honey substitute - Honey is what we use to make this dressing, and it adds such a lovely flavor and natural sweetness.
- Kosher salt & black pepper- Pretty standard seasoning wise, add to taste.
- Dried oregano - You could also add in some other herbs like dried thyme, basil, rosemary, or really whatever you like. Oregano is perfect and versatile for us, so it suits a lot of different salads.
- Extra virgin olive oil - Use something high quality here. Again, this is the base of your dressing and will add a lot of flavor.
- Fresh lemons - Fresh lemon juice is obviously the base flavor of this dressing. Feel free to add in lemon zest, too!
Add olive oil and apple cider vinegar to a food processor.
Now add the oregano, black pepper, salt, dijon mustard, honey, garlic, and lemon juice.
Food process until smooth, and chill in the fridge before time to use to allow the flavors to combine.
Serve and enjoy! Try it with this cabbage carrot & herb salad, or a simple spinach arugula salad (coming soon).
🍋Other uses for this dressing
- To dress a pasta salad.
- As a quick marinade for fish or chicken.
- Use it on proteins in the slow cooker to season it.
- Cook it with proteins on the stovetop for extra flavor!
💭Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can definitely make this dressing with a whisk or in a mason jar, but you will just need a bit more elbow grease. A dressing made with this method will probably separate in the fridge, and you will likely need to re-shake or whisk it each time before using.
Here are a few tips:
- Mince the garlic up really fine before adding it to the dressing.
- You could potentially heat the honey for a few seconds to help the dressing emulsify easier.
- Whisk or shake vigorously until emulsified.
🛒Shop this recipe
Need supplies for this recipe? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don't pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale.
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
🥗More salad dressings to try
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Do not freeze.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 whole lemon (juiced)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Food process, whisk or shake in a mason jar until everything is emulsified.
- Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then serve with whatever salad you want. You can store this dressing in the fridge for about 7 days in an airtight container.
- Feel free to swap honey with your favorite substitute to suit your preference.
- Use as a marinade, in the slow cooker or on the stovetop with proteins, or on pasta salad!
- Use a food processor, whisk, or a mason jar to make this dressing.
- Champagne or red wine vinegar can be used in place of apple cider vinegar.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.