This Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing will actually make you want to eat salad! With only 9 ingredients it’s much easier than you think to whip up a delicious dressing. Take boring salads to the next level, with this easy to make, healthy paleo friendly and low carb dressing.
This Lemon Vinaigrette dressing is made with fresh lemon juice, honey, garlic, olive oil, dijon mustard, some dry seasonings, salt and pepper, and apple cider vinegar. You can whip it up in a small bowl with a whisk, in a mason jar, or make it nice and smooth with a food processor.
Feel free to dive right in and head straight to the recipe card if you want. We will share all of our tips and tricks in the post. You're going to LOVE the flavor of this lemon dressing. This recipe is also now available to view as a web story here!
- Fresh garlic - Mince up some garlic to bring the flavor of this dressing to the next level. You could substitute for garlic powder if you prefer.
- Apple cider vinegar - You could also substitute for some red wine vinegar.
- Dijon mustard - Adds a nice zing flavor to the dressing.
- Honey or honey substitute - Honey is what we use to make this dressing. If strict and low carb, feel free to substitute with your favorite honey substitute. We eat low carb, but do incorporate small amounts of honey sometimes. It works out okay! This dressing is only 2 net carbs per serving.
- Salt & pepper- Pretty standard seasoning wise, add to taste.
- Dried oregano - You could also add in some other herbs like dried basil, thyme, rosemary, really whatever you like. Oregano is perfect and versatile for us.
- Extra virgin olive oil - Use something high quality here. Again, this is the base of your dressing and will add a lot of flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice - Lemon juice is obviously the base flavor of this dressing. Feel free to add in lemon zest, too!
How to Make Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing:
Add all of your ingredients to the food processor, squeeze your lemon juice in.
Food process everything together, or whisk until everything is well combined.
Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then serve this Lemon Vinaigrette dressing with whatever salad you want! Try it with this steak salad or this cabbage carrot and herb salad. You can store this dressing in the fridge for 7-10 days.
How Long Will This Dressing Keep?
This Lemon Vinaigrette Salad dressing will keep for about 1 week in the fridge in an airtight container. We think this will become one of your staple salad dressings, so we doubt it will last that long!
Ideas For How To Use This Salad Dressing:
- On a yummy homemade salad (obviously!)
- To dress a pasta salad.
- As a quick marinade for fish or chicken.
- Use on proteins in the slow cooker to season it.
- Cooking it with proteins on the stovetop for extra flavor!
Is Honey Low Carb?
Technically honey is not considered a low carb food. Honey has about 17g of sugar and carbs per 1 tablespoon. We do use a small bit of raw honey to sweeten this honey lemon vinaigrette dressing. If you are strict keto, feel free to swap it out with your favorite honey substitute.
We are personally okay with a little bit of honey every now and then. When we use a small amount spread out over multiple servings it has a pretty minimal impact on carb and sugar count of this dressing. In fact, this dressing is only 2 net carbs per serving!
Tips For Making This Dressing With A Whisk Or Mason Jar:
You can definitely make this Lemon Vinaigrette dressing with a whisk or in a mason jar, but you will just need a bit more elbow grease.
- Mince the garlic up really fine before adding it to the dressing.
- You could potentially heat the honey for a few seconds to help the dressing emulsify easier.
Shop This Recipe:
Need supplies for this Lemon Vinaigrette salad Dressing recipe? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don't pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale.
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
Salad Recipes To Try With This:
- Sirloin Steak Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Roasted Vegetables
- Cabbage and Carrot Herb Salad
- Prosciutto and Burrata Salad with Arugula
- Fall Harvest Salad
If you love this Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 whole lemon (juiced)
- Add all of your ingredients to the food processor, squeeze your lemon juice in.
- Food process everything together, or whisk until everything is well combined.
- Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then serve with whatever salad you want! Try with this steak salad. You can store this Lemon Vinaigrette salad Dressing in the fridge for about 7 days.
- If strict keto, substitute honey with your favorite honey substitute.
- This will keep in the fridge or an airtight container for up to a week.
- Use as a marinade, in the slow cooker or on the stovetop with proteins, or on pasta salad!
- Use a food processor, whisk or a mason jar to make this dressing.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.