This Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe is going to become your new favorite dipping sauce for chicken wings. It's made with incredibly simple ingredients and is ready to enjoy in less than 5 minutes. Your taste buds will rejoice, this is the closest thing to the exact recipe Wingstop uses!
If you've ever wondered how to make Homemade Wingstop Ranch, you're in luck! It's deceptively easy to make this delicious stuff.
Try it with these keto chicken nuggets, buffalo wings, waffle fries, our air fryer lemon pepper wings, garlic parmesan wings, or even our mango habanero wings!
❤️Why you'll love this
- Familiar, easy ingredients - This homemade ranch recipe is made with packets of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (affiliate link), believe it or not! This makes it incredibly easy to make at home. All of the other main ingredients are kitchen staples or can be found at nearly any grocery store.
- True Wingstop taste - I think most people who have tried it would agree that Wingstop truly has the best ranch. We started wondering if we could just buy tubs of Wingstop ranch dip. Once we learned the secret about using Hidden Valley Seasoning, we knew we could make it at home!
- Made without buttermilk - This is kind of unique for ranch recipes, as most ranch dressing recipes tend to include buttermilk.
- Quick & easy - It's ready in 5 minutes or less.
- No special equipment needed - All you need is a bowl and a whisk. You could use a hand mixer if you like as well.
Here are the ingredients you will need, plus a few extra additions. You can find the full quantities and nutrition information in the recipe card.
- Good quality mayonnaise - As this is the primary ingredient in the sauce, choose something you like. Lately, we have been opting for this Japanese mayo, but it is a bit on the richer side, so keep this in mind.
- Sour cream or greek yogurt - For a little tanginess.
- Packets of dry Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning - This is an essential ingredient for the best taste! We know we normally make everything from scratch, but this is an exception.
- Heavy cream - To thin the dip.
- Fresh parsley and chives - Totally optional, so feel free to leave them out. You could also add in fresh or dried dill. Any mix of herbs you like would work for this.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and most of the heavy cream. Add the ranch seasoning packets, and a pinch of salt if desired.
Whisk to combine, and add more heavy cream to thin the dressing if desired.
Next, add in chopped parsley and chives if desired, then whisk again. Cover, and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy! It's perfect for dipping with these keto chicken nuggets.
✨Tips & tricks
- If you prefer a thin dressing, you can add a little milk and continue whisking until the sauce reaches the right consistency for you.
- To serve this with your favorite salads, like this keto shrimp salad, you will want to slowly add more heavy cream or milk until the consistency is pourable. This sauce has a velvety texture but it is a bit on the thicker side.
- We do recommend using the Hidden Valley Brand of ranch packets, as this will give it the reliable, standardized Wing stop ranch flavor. While we're sure you could probably make your own blend of dry seasonings for a homemade ranch seasoning, this Hidden Valley ranch mix is the best at capturing the Wingstop flavor, as this is what they use themselves.
💭More dressing recipes to try
Looking for more homemade salad dressings? Here's some of our favorites!
- Honey lemon vinaigrette
- Raspberry vinaigrette with basil
- Thousand island dressing
- Cranberry salad dressing
- Creamy balsamic dressing
🛒Shop this post
Want more supplies for this recipe or to shop our kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. We don't recommend freezing this.
Please note that as it sits, the dressing will thicken up. Feel free to add more heavy cream, half and half, or a little milk to loosen it up before serving.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Take a photo and share with us by tagging us on Instagram or follow along on Pinterest for more ideas!
Wingstop Ranch Recipe
- 12 ounces heavy whipping cream (1.5 cups, or more, to achieve your desired consistency)
- 8 ounces mayonnaise (1 cup)
- 4 ounces sour cream (½ a cup. Plain Greek yogurt can also be used.)
- 2 packets Hidden valley ranch seasoning (2 ounces)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- fresh chives + parsley, minced, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Adjust seasonings and add fresh herbs to taste. Allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving if possible, so the flavors can meld together.
- As the sauce sits in the fridge, it will likely begin to thicken, so you can thin it with milk, half and half, or more cream to make it a thinner and more pourable consistency.
- Store covered in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
- Salt is optional and to taste. Please note that the Hidden Valley ranch packets do include quite a lot of salt.
- We do recommend using the Hidden Valley seasoning packets as opposed to making your own ranch seasoning for the most standardized Wingstop taste.
- All fresh herbs are optional and to taste.
- To thin the sauce for a more pourable consistency, add in heavy cream, half and half, or milk until the desired texture is achieved.
- We do not recommend freezing this ranch dip.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.
Sorry to burst your bubble but buttermilk is used in the recipe. And I can also tell you that it certainly is not high quality mayonnaise nor is heavy cream used. You at least got the Hidden Valley Ranch packet right though. This is from someone who worked at wingstop for 7 years by the way. Otherwise, a pretty good recipe. Just not in any way wingstop
Also no sour cream