Have some leftover cranberry sauce? This sugar free Cranberry Salad Dressing is the perfect low carb addition to any show stopping holiday salad. This keto friendly salad dressing is citrusy and bright, with a hint of sage for the perfect holiday flavor. Make a batch of this dressing to kick all of your fall and winter salads up a notch.
If you're looking for something special to serve this fall, for Thanksgiving or any holiday gatherings, you have to try this cranberry salad dressing recipe. This cranberry vinaigrette is sugar free, low carb and naturally gluten free too.
Maybe you have some leftover turkey that you'd like to add to a salad after an eating marathon. A salad might come to mind, but not just any salad. Something super special, with all the right flavors. You'll be looking for all kinds of new salad recipes to add this yummy dressing to! So grab a bag of cranberries so you can make a big batch.
Keep reading for all the tips, tricks and ideas for substitutions. You can also skip right to the recipe card if you prefer. If you have questions, make sure to read all the way through. This post is also available as a Google Web Story.
- Homemade sugar free cranberry sauce - A perfect way to use up leftover sugar free cranberry sauce! We'd recommend omitting the vanilla and cinnamon from the recipe provided for a more neutral flavor. Preparing a big batch of homemade keto cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries is a great way to keep out unnecessary sugar from your meals, and enjoy this seasonal delight.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice - For brightness and acidity.
- Extra virgin olive oil - This is the base of our dressing. Use something high quality as it will impact the flavor. You could also opt for avocado oil as another clean oil option that tastes neutral.
- Apple cider vinegar - To add a bit more acidity. You could also use red wine vinegar instead if you prefer.
- Seasonings - We keep a pretty simple flavor profile by using kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, dried (or fresh) sage and fresh (or dried) thyme.
- Dijon mustard - To add some tanginess and flavor to the dressing.
- Sweetener of choice - Sweeten to taste with your favorite sugar free sweetener. We prefer allulose for this application, since it won't crystallize after being refrigerated.
- Water - Used to thin the dressing and get it to the desired viscosity. Add to suit your personal preference.
How To Make Sugar Free Cranberry Salad Dressing:
Add lemon juice and olive oil to a food processor or blender.
Add the cranberry sauce and apple cider vinegar.
Stir in sweetener of choice, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, dried sage and fresh thyme. Blend for 15-30 seconds on medium high speed, then stop the blender.
Add in some of the water, then add in a slow stream while the blender is running until desired consistency is reached. The amount you add depends on your preferences for the texture. We added 6 ounces of water to ours.
After your desired texture is reached, give your dressing a taste and adjust seasonings to fit your preferences. Pour into a serving bowl or jar, and cover it, then refrigerate it until it's time to use. We love to use it to dress our Fall Harvest Salad.
This dressing will keep covered in the fridge in an airtight container for about one week. Use this dressing on all of your favorite fall and winter salads!
More Recipes To Try:
- Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Sugar Free Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette
- Keto Spiced Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Cranberry Coconut Mojito
Shop This Post:
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
Please let us know if you guys give this recipe a try, and be sure to share with us on Instagram @afullliving so we can show off your creations!
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until next time,
Briana & Chamere
Cranberry Salad Dressing (Sugar Free)
- 210 grams homemade sugar free cranberry sauce (roughly 1/2 a batch, with cinnamon and vanilla omitted)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 6 ounces olive oil (3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces apple cider vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (could sub any dried or fresh herb)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 36 grams allulose sweetener (about 3 tablespoons)
- 6 ounces water (or until desired consistency is reached)
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the water) to the blender or food processor. Blend on medium-high speed for 15-30 seconds, then slowly add water in a slow stream while the blender is running. Keep adding water until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste the dressing and adjust seasonings to fit your preferences. Blend again if anything is added to ensure the ingredient is well incorporated.
- Store dressing in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Use this dressing on all of your favorite fall and winter salads!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.