This Healthier Cheeseburger Salad recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner for a cheeseburger craving, made good for you. It’s easy to put together, gluten free, low carb and full of flavor. The key to this delicious salad is the premium ground beef by Laura’s Lean Beef, the sponsor for this recipe. Layer the cooked ground beef onto lettuce, add cherry tomatoes, pickles, onions, cheese, and drizzle on a flavorful homemade thousand island dressing. This delicious dinner is ready in 20 minutes and will become a household favorite!
Disclaimer: We have been compensated by Laura’s Lean Beef to create this recipe. It’s partnerships like these that enable us to bring you fresh content. As always, all opinions are our own.
Here’s What You Need for The Healthier Cheeseburger Salad:
- Laura’s Lean Ground Beef, 92% lean
- Avocado or olive oil, for cooking the beef
- Salt & pepper to taste, to season the beef
- Iceberg lettuce, or other neutral flavored lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Large sweet onion, cut into strips or diced
- Dill pickles, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Shredded cheese of choice, Colby Jack or Cheddar works great
- Homemade Thousand Island dressing or other desired dressing, to taste
About Laura’s Lean Beef: We were very excited to partner with Laura’s Lean Beef, because we really care about the quality of our beef. The USDA allows beef to be labeled as “natural” as long as it is minimally processed and contains no artificial ingredients. This loose definition covers most fresh beef sold in grocery stores. Unlike most other “natural” beef, Laura’s Lean product is a “Never Ever” offering, meaning our protein is sourced from suppliers that raise their cattle without ever using added hormones or antibiotics and are always vegetarian fed.
Lately, Chamere and I have been working to up our protein intake, without consuming too many calories. We love eating beef as one of our preferred protein sources, because of the nutrients in beef. A problem that we run into often when preparing meals, is that most beef tends to be fattier protein source that is often higher in calories. For me especially, I really try to watch my calorie intake, so finding a leaner source of high-quality beef has been a lifesaver. This way, we can eat very high-quality meat that’s lower in calories, without sacrificing flavor. All products carrying Laura’s Lean claim must meet strict USDA standards to qualify as lean. Each 4 oz. serving Laura’s Lean must contain less than 10g of fat, 4.5g or less of saturated fat per 100g serving.
Thousand Island Dressing: We should also note that you can use whatever Thousand Island dressing you like, but we prefer to make our own since it’s free of any added sugar. We want to mention that we add a lot of pickle juice to our thousand Thousand Island dressing and it makes it pretty liquid, but we like it like that. If you don’t like your dressing so runny, just leave out some of the apple cider vinegar and/or pickle juice. This dressing makes for a wonderful dressing for this healthier cheeseburger salad.
Show Us Yours! We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
- Sharp Chef’s Knife & Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoons
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Nesting Bowls
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale.
More Recipes To Try:
Let’s Make It!
Start by prepping your ingredients. If making your Thousand Island dressing, do that first. Cut up your lettuce, halve your tomatoes, cut up your pickles, and onions.
Heat your skillet over medium heat, and add oil, then the beef to brown. Laura’s Lean Beef has a delicious flavor, so we want to use a neutral oil like avocado oil and season with just salt and pepper so the flavor of the beef shines thru. Once the beef is browned, add it on top of your lettuce.
Add the shredded cheese, the onions, pickles and cherry tomatoes.
Now, spoon on your Thousand Island Dressing.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Healthier Cheeseburger Salad!
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Healthier Cheeseburger Salad
- 1 lb ground beef, 92% lean
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
- Salt & pepper to taste, to season the beef
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 125 gram sweet onion, cut into strips (about half a large onion)
- 3 whole dill pickles, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1.33 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- homemade Thousand Island dressing to top (could substitute for any dressing)
- Start by prepping your ingredients. If making your Thousand Island dressing, do that first. Cut up your lettuce, halve your tomatoes, cut up your pickles, and onions.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat, and add oil, then the beef to brown. Laura’s Lean Beef has a delicious flavor, so we want to use a neutral oil like avocado oil and season with just salt and pepper so the flavor of the beef shines thru. Once the beef is browned, add it on top of your lettuce.
- Add the shredded cheese, the onions, pickles and cherry tomatoes.
- Now, spoon on your Thousand Island Dressing. Serve and enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.