This Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing is the perfect addition to salads, reuben skillets, cheeseburgers & more without all of the sugar added to conventional salad dressings. Sweetened with liquid stevia to add a touch of natural sweetness, without any calories. You probably have all of these staple ingredients in your pantry. The perfect dressing for the keto diet with only 1 net carb.
Here’s What You Need For This Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing:
- Mayonnaise (we use Sir Kensington’s)
- Tomato paste
- White onion, finely minced
Dill pickles, finely minced
- Pickle juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sugar free sweetener of choice, or to taste (we used SweetLeaf Stevia Clear Liquid drops)
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
We'd like to note that you should add apple cider vinegar and pickle juice to thin your dressing (and to taste!). We love a lot of pickle juice, so our dressing is quite runny. It tastes amazing. If you prefer a thicker dressing, simply scale back on the apple cider vinegar and pickle juice. It will thicken up in the fridge as it sits, so keep this in mind.
We'd also like to note that you can make this dressing up to a week in advance. It really does taste best if you make it 24 hours before using it and keeping it in the fridge. It will also thicken over time in the fridge.
Sweeteners: We advise sweetening this to taste! We like using SweetLeaf Stevia Clear drops because they are liquid, and they won't crystallize in the fridge. They pack a lot of sweetness and you don't have to use much. You can use whatever sweetener is your favorite, but a liquid will probably work best.
Recipes To Enjoy With This Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing:
Let's Make It!
Mince you pickles and onions very fine. Put your mayonnaise and tomato paste into a large bowl. Add in your onion and pickles. Now, slowly add in your pickle juice, apple cider vinegar and sweetener to taste and to reach your desired sauce consistency. Keep in mind that the sauce will thicken overtime in the fridge, but that we do like our dressing to be a bit on the thin/runny side and full of pickle juice.
Next, add in your garlic powder, salt and pepper. Give the mixture a good whisk.
Taste, and adjust seasonings as you wish. This will keep up to 7-10 days in the fridge. Enjoy it on a reuben skillet, or on this healthier cheeseburger salad.
Please let us know if you guys give this recipe a try, and be sure to share with us on Instagram @afullliving, so we can share your creations. Leaving a comment, or a rating on this recipe also helps us tremendously!
Until next time,
Briana & Chamere
Low Carb Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 30 grams white onion, minced
- 2 whole Dill pickle spears, minced
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar free sweetener of choice (we used liquid stevia)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put your mayonnaise and tomato paste into a large bowl. Add in your onion and pickles.
- Now, add in your pickle juice, apple cider vinegar and sweetener. Next, add in your garlic powder, salt and pepper. Give the mixture a good whisk. Give your dressing a taste and adjust seasonings as you wish.
- You will want to put the dressing in the fridge for 15 minutes or so to allow the flavors to come together. It will stay good in the fridge for a week or more, but let’s just say a week to be safe!
- This dressing is perfect on our Low Carb Reuben Skillet, on salads and more. Enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.
Leave a Reply