These Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries are the perfect quick and easy side dish, ready in 15 minutes! You can skip the deep frying, they're ultra-crispy without any extra oil! Make a batch and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe will help you make the crispiest fries in your air fryer. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, like this copycat Wingstop Ranch and you have the perfect snack. If you have any leftover waffle fries, you have to try these pizza fries!
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Quick and easy. You'll love this short cooking time! This great side dish is ready in 15 minutes or less! No prep work is needed and the cooking process is foolproof.
- Simple ingredients. You only need 3 simple ingredients, including salt and pepper. Anything you don't have on hand, you can find at your local grocery store.
- Affordable. You can find various brands of frozen waffle cut fries at most grocery stores for a great price. This snack won't break the bank- it's much cheaper than fast food restaurants.
- Uses less oil. With air frying, no extra oils are needed for this recipe, so you can skip the olive oil or frying with vegetable oil on the stove. It's less mess, easier to make, and healthier for you. You can put that deep fryer away for this recipe!
- Extra crispy crunch. The air fryer makes for extra crispy waffle fries with minimal effort.
Here are the ingredients we used for this recipe. You can find more information for substitutions below.
- Frozen waffle fries - The main treat. Any bag or brand you find will work here.
- Kosher salt and pepper - Optional and to taste. This depends on if your fries are pre-seasoned or not.
Visit the recipe card for the full quantities and nutritional information.
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few suggestions on additional flavors to try, or simple variations to these fries.
- Garlic - Toss fries with garlic powder before frying.
- Smoky - Add smoked paprika to your fries before or after frying.
- Spicy - A little cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes are a great addition to this!
- Cajun - Add your favorite homemade or storebought Cajun seasoning blend.
- Herbed - Thyme, rosemary, sage, basil, dill, and parsley all make great additions.
For this recipe, we used our Instant Vortex 10-Quart Air Fryer (affiliate link) to make this. Our air fryer has non-stick trays that have to be rotated throughout the cooking process to ensure even crispiness.
Other brands may use a basket, so depending on your air fryer, results may vary. Keep a close eye on the fries while they cook to make sure that they don't burn.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Depending on your brand of air fryer, you may need to spray the air fryer basket with oil to prevent sticking. The brand we use has non-stick trays that don't require any spray.
Gather your frozen waffle fries, along with your kosher salt and black pepper. (Image 1)
Place the frozen waffle fries in an even layer on the air fryer trays or basket. A little bit of overlap is fine, but you will get crispier fries with a single layer.
Air fry for 8-10 minutes and then flip. (Image 2)
Air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown or desired level of crispiness is reached. (Image 3)
At the end of the cook time, top with a little salt and black pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
✨Tips & tricks
- Don't overcrowd your basket or tray. Too many fries at once will cause the fries to steam, making them mushy. Cook in even layers and batches at a time for the best results.
- Watch closely. Depending on your air fryer, cooking times will vary. Make sure you keep an eye to prevent your fries from burning!
Need supplies? Shop our Amazon store! Stock your pantry, and find all of our favorite kitchen tools! A Full Living LLC earns a small commission through purchases on our storefront to help support this site.
♨️More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
💭Frequently Asked Questions
These fries are best enjoyed right away when they are hot. store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. Do not refreeze.
You may have too many fries on your tray or in your basket. This will cause them to steam rather than crisp up. The best way to prevent this is to cook them in even batches, without too much overlap.
More Recipes To Consider
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! 🌟 This helps other readers find our recipes and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience. Follow along, and tag @AFullLiving on Instagram with your photos!
Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- 12 ounces frozen waffle fries (about half of a bag)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF. Add frozen waffle fries to the air fryer trays or basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes. Flip, then air fry for an additional 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Season to taste and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Store leftovers in airtight container for 4-5 days. Reheat gently in the air fryer.
- Add salt, pepper, and any seasonings to taste. Some suggestions we have are garlic powder, favorite dried herbs, Cajun seasonings, or cayenne pepper.
- Don't overcrowd the basket or tray to avoid mushy fries.
- Depending on air fryer model, you may need to grease the air fryer to prevent sticking.
- Watch closely to prevent burning as each air fryer is different.