Looking for a new delicious side dish? This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is one of our favorite ways to enjoy asparagus. It's surely a family favorite, with minimal cooking time and prep work. Who knew that taking a piece of bacon and wrapping asparagus stalks with it could be so tasty!?
We're huge fans of air fryer recipes, because they save us a lot of time, and clean up. Plus, everything we make in the air fryer tastes great. It's the best way to roast up veggies in our opinion. Taking some asparagus spears and roasting them with plenty of seasoning and crispy bacon? Yes please! You're going to love this air fryer asparagus!
If you weren't always a fan of asparagus, we can change that with this recipe! Looking for more delicious asparagus recipes? Be sure to check out this roasted cauliflower and asparagus with parmesan cheese, this broccoli and asparagus soup with havarti and lemon, or this baked asparagus with dill & goat cheese!
❤️Why you'll love this
- Simple ingredients: There's only 11 total ingredients if you include the salt, pepper, and olive oil in this recipe. Plus, you most likely have all of the ingredients in your pantry already. 😉
- Quick & easy: We already know this side is made with pantry staples, and it's ready in under 20 minutes. Now that's what we're talking about! We all love simple hacks to save time in the kitchen, and this recipe certainly fits the bill.
- Naturally low carb & gluten free: All of the ingredients needed are whole foods, and they're naturally low in carbs and completely gluten free. If you need a keto-friendly appetizer, this is the perfect fit.
- Perfect for any occasion: This yummy asparagus is great as a party appetizer, or is the perfect side dish for nearly any main dish! Serve it with this air fryer ribeye, or these keto fried pork chops!
- Packed with flavor: This side dish is a combo of everything good. Savory bacon, tender asparagus, lemony, and a little spicy. It's the perfect combo of all of our favorite flavors. Plus, it's easy to customize to suit your tastebuds.
Here are the ingredients you will need, plus a few extras that we think make it taste extra delicious.
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need. Full quantities and nutritional information is located below in the recipe card.
- Spears of asparagus - Fresh asparagus, with the ends cut off.
- Olive oil - We just a bit of olive oil to rub the asparagus with. Avocado oil or melted butter can also be used.
- Lemon - Fresh squeezed lemon juice adds a lovely brightness to this
- Dry seasonings - Aside from plenty of kosher salt and black pepper, we also include garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes for plenty of savory, smokey, and spicy flavor.
- Bacon - We used thick cut bacon, but you can use regular bacon for a more crispy bite. If you are using thinner bacon, be sure to flip the asparagus bundles at the halfway point to ensure that the bacon is crisp, but not burned and cooked more evenly.
- Wash the asparagus.
- Remove the woody ends. Just cut the ends of the asparagus right off.
- Prepare air fryer basket or trays with a little bit of olive oil if necessary.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
In a small bowl, combine kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Coat asparagus spears with fresh squeezed lemon juice, followed by olive oil. Toss to combine.
Sprinkle most of the seasoning mixture over top of the asparagus, and rub with your hands to make sure all spears are covered.
Divide the asparagus into 8 bundles, and wrap each bunch of asparagus with a bacon slice. After all pieces are wrapped, season with the remaining seasonings.
Pro tip: If you are using thin asparagus, you may only want to wrap each one with a half slice of bacon.
Arrange each bundle in a single layer on air fryer trays, and cook for 15- 20 minutes in the air fryer. Flip halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Remove from trays, and enjoy! Serve with an air fryer ribeye and some air fryer fingerling potatoes (coming soon) or redskin mashed potatoes for a complete and delicious meal!
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few ideas to jazz the asparagus up a little more, or make it work for your diet.
- Don't eat pork?- Not a problem! Swap with turkey bacon!
- Super savory - If you're looking to make this asparagus more savory, add oregano, and maybe a little umami mushroom seasoning (affiliate link).
- Cheesy - Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese after cooking for an extra something you won't be able to resist!
- Don't like spice? - Not to worry, just skip the red pepper flakes!
- Sweet - Add a little sprinkle of brown sugar or brown sugar replacement to add some delicate sweetness to this yummy side.
💭Frequently asked questions
Yes, absolutely. Follow all of the same steps, but increase the heat of your oven to 375°F and bake for 30-35 minutes on parchment lined baking sheets until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
✨Tips & tricks
Here are the best ways to ensure your air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus bundles come out perfectly every time.
- If your bacon is very thick, you run the risk of overcooking your bacon spears. To make sure this doesn't happen, you could start by partially cooking the bacon before wrapping the asparagus. Simply air fry the bacon for 3-5 minutes at 375°F before wrapping the asparagus with it.
- If your bacon is very thin, be sure not to forget to flip the asparagus bundles halfway through, because you run the risk of burning the bacon up top and undercooking it on the bottom.
🛒Shop this post
Want more supplies for this recipe or to shop our kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
♨️More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave, or in the air fryer at 350°F until warmed through.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Take a photo and share with us by tagging us on Instagram or follow along on Pinterest for more ideas!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed (2 bundles)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Coat asparagus spears with lemon juice, olive oil, and most of the seasoning mixture and toss to combine until asparagus is well coated.
- Separate the asparagus into 8 bundles, and wrap each one with a slice of bacon. Season with remaining seasonings. Add to prepared air fryer trays or baskets and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- After cooked, garnish with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or in the air fryer.
- Nutrition facts are per 1 bundle. 1 bundle = 1 serving.
- All seasonings are optional and to taste.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure to flip the asparagus bundles halfway through cooking.
- If your bacon is extra thick, make sure to parbake it in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 375°F before wrapping the asparagus to make sure you don't overcook the asparagus.
- Be sure to air fry in batches if you aren't able to keep the bundles in a single layer.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.