We're sort of bacon fanatics around here, and we're always looking for new ways to enjoy it. Some would probably affectionately refer to this tasty treat as "pig candy" but we're okay with candied bacon, million dollar bacon or billion dollar bacon instead! 😂
Essentially, thick cut bacon, a little sweetness, and lots of seasonings are what make this bacon so special and give it a fancy name. You're not going to believe how easy it is to make bacon candy, and it's a great addition to any breakfast, brunch, or even as a snack or appetizer when with friends and family!
Disclosure: This recipe is a paid partnership with our friends at Kiolbassa Smoked Meats! We have been working with Kiolbassa for quite some time, and we are so proud of it!
They’re a family owned company, committed to high quality ingredients. In fact, they’re so confident in their products, they guarantee all of them – or your money back! How cool is that?
Kiolbassa is also committed to giving back. They donate over 10,000 pounds of sausage through their Links of Love program every month to help support food insecure communities, and step up in the face of natural disasters.
Partnering with brands that do good is really important to us. Not to mention, their products are all gluten free, and made with high quality ingredients. Thanks for supporting brands that make A Full Living possible!
If you're looking for more delicious recipes made with Kiolbassa bacon, be sure to check out this french toast pigs in a blanket recipe, this loaded keto 'potato' soup, or this keto brown butter cornbread with bacon.
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Simple ingredients: Only 6 total ingredients are needed for this delicious million dollar bacon recipe! That's if you include all of the spices too. The other great thing about this recipe is all of those ingredients are pantry staples.
- Naturally keto friendly & gluten free: No gluten or carbs in sight! We used a brown sugar replacement that worked really well. This tasty bacon is 0 net carbs per serving!
- Easy to substitute for different diet types: Not worried about the sugar content? No worries! Simply swap out the brown sugar replacement with regular brown sugar. Easy peasy!
- Spicy, sweet & salty: This keto candied bacon is the perfect combo of sweet, savory, spicy, and salty! Feel free to adjust the seasonings to taste, we tend to go a little heavy with the spice, but you can also scale back to suit your preference.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe.
Here is a list of the ingredients used in this recipe. The recipe card has full amounts and nutritional information.
- Kiolbassa Smoked Meats thick cut bacon - The best bacon around in our opinion. It’s thick cut, and not pumped full of water so there’s a lot less shrinkage and no splatter. You do want to use thick cut bacon so that the spice blend has enough to adhere to. Either Kiolbassa's peppered bacon or hickory bacon work great here!
- Brown sugar replacement - Use your favorite brown sugar replacement here. We do recommend using brown erythritol, so that it gets nice and crisp on the bacon. If you're not concerned with carb or sugar count, feel free to just use regular light brown sugar.
- Dry seasonings - Black pepper, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper are what we chose! Go easy on the red pepper flakes and cayenne if you aren't as enthusiastic about spice. We like our bacon to be a bit spicy.
If you'd like to view the billionaire bacon recipe instructions in a different format, check out our Google web story.
Step 1: Make the seasoning blend
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
In a shallow bowl or large plate, combine brown sugar replacement and all of your seasonings to create a nice mixture.
Step 2: Coat the bacon
Coat each piece of bacon in the mixture, pressing lightly to adhere, then transfer bacon slices to the baking sheets.
*Be careful not to crowd the bacon. You want to leave space between the slices so it has the ability to get crispy.
Step 3: Bake & cool
Bake for roughly 30-45 minutes, until the bacon has reached its desired texture.
Flip around the 15-20 minute mark or rotate the baking sheets to ensure that the bacon is cooking evenly. Keep a close eye on the bacon after the 30 minute mark to ensure it's cooked to your liking.
Pro tip: Something else to keep in mind is that Kiolbassa's peppered bacon has some very pepper-coated edges, which can make the bacon brown faster in those areas.
Transfer the bacon to wire rack over a baking sheet to cool and catch any drips. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
Step 5: Enjoy!
That's it! Dig in and enjoy. It makes a great snack, or you can serve it as a part of a brunch spread with all of your breakfast favorites!
🍳What to serve with keto candied bacon
- Smashed Eggs on Toast
- Keto Fruit Salad & some yogurt
- Keto Turnip Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Hemp Heart Oatmeal with Strawberries & Cream
- Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes
💭Frequently asked questions
Yes, absolutely. If you're not a fan of spice, you will want to dial back on the red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.
Don't have smoked paprika? No problem, just leave it out. You can also use regular paprika.
If you're not huge into black pepper, you can omit that too, or use less.
Yes, you can cook this candied bacon in a skillet on the stovetop. It will just take a bit more effort.
You will want to cook the bacon partially over medium-low heat in a skillet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Once the bacon is cooked about halfway through, add your brown sugar replacement and seasonings, and stir constantly to coat the bacon.
Cook until the seasonings adhere to the bacon and bacon is cooked to your liking, then remove from the pan. Set aside to cool.
🛒Shop this recipe
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
Store in air-tight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Billionaire Bacon Recipe (Keto Candied Bacon)
- 20 ounces Kiolbassa Smoked Meats hickory bacon (thick cut)
- 144 grams brown sugar replacement (¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional and to taste!)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. In a shallow bowl or large plate, combine brown sugar replacement and all of your seasonings to create a nice mixture.
- Coat each piece of bacon in the mixture, pressing lightly to adhere, then transfer bacon slices to the baking sheets. Don't overcrowd the pan.
- Bake for roughly 30-45 minutes, until the bacon has reached its desired texture. We like ours pretty crispy and almost overdone with a few slightly burnt bacon edges, and this took about 40 minutes.Flip around the 15-20 minute mark or rotate the baking sheets to ensure that the bacon is cooking evenly. Keep a close eye on the bacon after the 30 minute mark to ensure it’s cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the bacon to wire rack over a baking sheet to cool and catch any drips. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- That’s it! Dig in and enjoy. It makes a great snack, or you can serve it as a part of a brunch spread with all of your breakfast favorites. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Start with less of the spicy seasonings if you are not a fan of spicy things. We like our bacon with a kick!
- Use light brown sugar as a 1:1 substitute for a brown sugar erythritol if you aren't sugar free or low carb.
- One serving is just under 1.5 slices.