This delicious Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe is so incredibly easy to make, you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. These chicken wings are perfectly crispy and seasoned, then are topped with a luscious garlic butter sauce.
This recipe is truly delicious, and certainly a crowd pleaser. It's ideal for game day, or really anytime. I mean, who doesn't love crispy wings with a delicious parmesan cheese butter sauce? These savory delights are the perfect appetizer for a crowd, or an easy weeknight main course.
If you're looking for more chicken wing recipes, be sure to check out our crispy oven baked chicken wings, these mango habanero wings, these lemon pepper wings, these hot honey wings, or boneless chicken wings!
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Uses staple ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that you get great flavor with just a few simple ingredients. In fact, there are only 9 ingredients needed, and 2 of them are optional! Everything is super easy to get at any grocery store, or you probably already have it in your pantry.
- No oil needed. While these wings are dunked in a buttery garlic parmesan sauce at the end, you don't need any oil for frying!
- Quick and easy. If you need something that is ready fast with minimal effort, this recipe is for you!
- Naturally gluten free and low carb. No strange ingredients here, so it's naturally suitable for lots of different diet types. These wings are naturally keto friendly at less than 2 grams of net carbs per serving!
- No mess. Don't worry about a mess, the only thing you will need to clean is your air fryer trays or basket, and the bowl you seasoned the chicken wings in!
Here are the ingredients we used for this recipe. You can find more information for substitutions below.
- Split chicken wings - You could use whole wings as well, and cut them up yourself or leave them whole. We prefer for them to be split.
- Dry seasonings - Kosher salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder are the only dry seasonings we use for this.
- Unsalted butter
- Garlic - Fresh garlic, finely minced is going to be your best bet here. If you prefer, you can use garlic powder instead, but we think fresh garlic is definitely the best option here.
- Parmesan - We like to buy freshly grated cheese from the deli section to make the parmesan coating, but you can also use the kind that comes in a plastic container, or even pre-shredded.
- Fresh parsley - Optional, for garnish and freshness.
Visit the recipe card for the full quantities and nutritional information.
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few suggestions on additional flavors to try, or simple variations to this recipe.
- Spicier. For a spicier flavor profile, add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the seasoning mixture for the wings.
- Dairy-free. Swap butter with vegan butter and parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast or vegan parmesan.
- Pat wings dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- If your air fryer isn't non-stick, we'd recommend spraying your air fryer basket or trays with cooking spray or lining them with parchment paper.
Place wings in a large mixing bowl, and season generously with the dry seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika). We use tongs to toss the wings. (Image 1)
We'd also recommend having a small bowl of salt and pepper on the side to season the wings as needed once they are cooked.
Add chicken wings in a single layer to your air fryer basket or trays. (Image 2)
✨Pro Tip: Use a baking sheet to transfer air fryer trays to and from the air fryer and avoid spills!
Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through or until chicken wings are golden brown and crispy. (Image 3)
In a small saucepan, add butter and melt over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and then, to the melted butter, add garlic, and parsley. sauté for about 5-8 minutes, moving the garlic around the pan constantly to gently fry it without burning. (Image 4)
Once cooked, stir in parmesan cheese, reserving some for topping later. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings to suit your preference. (Image 5)
Grab another large, clean bowl and add the cooked wings to it. Gently pour over the buttery garlic parmesan sauce and toss wings. (Image 6)
Garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley, then dig in! Serve your favorite dipping sauce, veggies or a side salad. Enjoy!
✨Tips & tricks
- For crispy chicken wings, don't overcrowd the air fryer baskets or trays. This is also just good general advice. Don't pile chicken wings up on top of each other, or else they will not cook evenly. For best results, place them in a single layer.
- Pat wings dry before air frying. Patting off the extra moisture beforehand will ensure the wings will be crispy.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the wings. They should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C) for food safety.
Need supplies? Shop our Amazon store! Stock your pantry, and find all of our favorite kitchen tools! A Full Living LLC earns a small commission through purchases on our storefront to help support this site.
💭Frequently Asked Questions
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat these gently in the air fryer or in the microwave the next day to avoid burning garlic or cheese. Lower the air fryer heat to 350°F, and check on them every 2-3 minutes, turning every so often.
Yes, you can use whole wings instead of split ones if you prefer. Just be aware that this may impact the cooking time of this crispy air fryer chicken wings recipe.
No, you don't need to use baking powder for this garlic parm wings recipe. The air fryer is exceptional at making things extra crispy just by nature.
We do have a few other chicken wing recipes that are cooked in different ways that require baking powder to make the skin crispy.
This super crispy baked chicken wings recipe calls for baking powder to help dry out the skin when baked in the oven, but it isn't necessary for this recipe.
You may also enjoy these mango habanero chicken wings!
🏈More Game Day Eats
Hosting a gathering? Here are a few more ideas to serve with wings to keep a crowd happy!
- Philly cheesesteak sliders
- Dutch oven chili
- Pizza fries
- Italian grinder sub sandwich
- Dutch oven pulled pork
- Air fryer waffle fries
More Recipes To Consider
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! 🌟 This helps other readers find our recipes and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience. Follow along, and tag @AFullLiving on Instagram with your photos!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings
For the chicken wings:
- 3.5 pounds split chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
For the buttery garlic parmesan sauce:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 56 grams grated parmesan (about 8 tablespoons or half a cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste, add
- Garnish with: grated parmesan, parsley (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Dry the wings with paper towel, then coat with dry seasonings and toss in a large bowl to coat the wings in seasoning.
- Add chicken wings in a single layer to your air fryer basket or trays. Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through or until chicken wings are golden brown and crispy.
- When there are about 10 minutes left on the timer for your air fryer, melt butter in a sauce pan on medium-low heat. Add in garlic and parsley, then reduce the heat to low and sauté for about 5-8 minutes, moving the garlic around the pan constantly to gently fry it without burning. Then, stir in parmesan cheese and add salt to taste.
- When wings are fully cooked, removed from the air fryer and toss in a large, clean bowl with the garlic butter parmesan sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might have to cook the wings in a few batches.
- This recipe is easy to scale back if making fewer wings, and it will also lower your cooking time to make a smaller batch.
- If using garlic powder instead of fresh, you can simply the powder along with the parsley after butter has melted, and warm for a couple of minutes.
- For reference, you will need roughly 1 teaspoon of kosher salt (or a little more) per every pound of wings, we added the salt in various stages between cooking the wings and in the sauce itself.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.
This came out better than I expected. I added hot sauce to mine. It was quick and simple to make. Thank you.
Great to hear, Gerda. So glad you enjoyed them!!
Janise Taylor-Cooper says
They came out perfect! The only thing is I did not have any fresh parsley and I had to use the dry parsley.. They are hit in my house...
Hey Janise, we're so glad to hear it! Dried works perfectly fine. We're so glad you liked these!