This Strawberry Fields Salad is Sugar Free salad summer salad of your dreams! A sugar free spin on the classic. With red onions, hemp hearts and pecans toasted with some sweetener and cinnamon, fresh basil, arugula, mixed greens, avocado, creamy goat cheese, strawberries and drizzled with a raspberry basil vinaigrette! This salad is the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and refreshing.
Here’s What You Need For This Strawberry Fields Salad:
- Spring mix
- Red onion
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh basil
- Creamy goat cheese
- Coconut oil (optional, for toasting the hemp hearts and pecans)
- Ground cinnamon
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Sweetener of choice
- Hemp hearts
- Salad dressing of choice, we make this Sugar Free Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette
- You could sub the pecans and hemp hearts with this Cinnamon Trail Mix Recipe
Nuts: Toasting the hemp hearts and pecans is a totally optional step, but we love how it adds to this salad. You could use any nuts you want, like almonds or walnuts. You could also prepare this 15 Minute Low Carb Cinnamon Trail Mix if you want.
Salad Dressing: We absolutely love this Sugar Free Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette to pair with this salad. This Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing would also be great, alternatively. Use your favorite dressing, however! If preparing your dressing, you can make it ahead of time, up to 10 days in advance.
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
More Recipes To Try:
- Strawberries and Cream Hemp Heart ‘Oatmeal’
- Low Carb Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Summer Salad Recipe with Grilled Peaches, Avocado, Strawberries & Mozzarella
Let’s Make This Strawberry Field Salad!
If you’re making this dressing, do so first and set aside in the fridge. Heat your cast iron over medium heat if you want to toast the hemp hearts and pecans. We recommend doing this, it’s just so tasty!
Melt your coconut oil and add in the pecans, hemp hearts, sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Move around frequently to prevent from burning. When they have been toasting for awhile and start to turn a golden brown color, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl. If you’re not going to toast anything, just skip to the next step.
Thinly slice your onions, strawberries, avocado and cut your basil into ribbons. In a large bowl, add your arugula, spring mix and about half the thinly sliced basil. Toss until the greens are well mixed.
After the hemp hearts and pecans have cooled a bit, add them to center of the greens mixture. You want them to cool off a bit, as they will be super hot right out of your cast iron, and that will wilt the greens.
Layer on your avocado, red onions and strawberries.
Crumble on goat cheese, and add ribbons of basil.
Drizzle on the raspberry basil vinaigrette. Now, simply serve and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this Strawberry Fields Salad!
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Strawberry Fields Salad (Sugar Free)
- 100 grams spring mix
- 50 grams argula
- 50 grams red onion (about a quarter of a red large onion)
- 150 grams fresh strawberries
- 75 grams avocado (half a large avocado)
- 20 grams fresh basil (2 big handfuls)
- 2 oz creamy goat cheese
For the toasted candied hemp hearts and pecans (optional):
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp granular sweetener of choice
- 60 grams pecans
- 60 grams hemp hearts
- Salad dressing of choice
For the toasted candied pecans and hemp hearts:
- Heat your cast iron over medium heat if you want to toast the hemp hearts and pecans.
- Melt your coconut oil and add in the pecans, hemp hearts, sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Move around frequently to prevent from burning.
- When they have been toasting for awhile and start to turn a golden brown color, remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl. If you’re not going to toast anything, just skip to the next step.
Assembling the salad:
- In a large bowl, add your arugula, spring mix and about half the thinly sliced basil. Toss until the greens are well mixed.
- After the hemp hearts and pecans have cooled a bit, add them to center of the greens mixture. You want them to cool off a bit, as they will be super hot right out of your cast iron, and that will wilt the greens.
- Layer on avocado, red onion, goat cheese, strawberries, basil ribbons & drizzle with dressing.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.