Need the perfect spooky drink for big-batch cocktails? This Halloween Punch is ideal for Halloween parties when you want to serve a crowd! Made with spiced rum, but if serving this for the whole family, you can omit the alcohol. It's perfect for spooky season, especially when served with bubbling dry ice!
We love Halloween drinks, they're just the perfect addition to your party. Looking for more Halloween drink recipes? We have a few festive cocktails we know you'll love. 👻
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Serve a crowd - The perfect Halloween party punch. There's a better way to serve drinks at your next party! Just grab a large punch bowl, and mix up this easy drink. Serve with dry ice and a hand-shaped ice cube. It's a big hit!
- Quick and easy - Who doesn't love a drink that serves many that comes together in 5 minutes or less?
- Made with simple ingredients - This drink is made with only 5 ingredients that can be found at nearly any grocery store. You may already have some of in your pantry or in your home bar!
- Tasty and spooky - Bursting with fall fruity flavor, you'll love this sweet and spiced cocktail.
Here are the ingredients we used for this punch. You can find more information for substitutions below.
- Cranberry juice - We generally opt for diet cranberry juice to lower the sugar.
- Apple cider - Use store-bought or our homemade sugar free apple cider.
- Grenadine - Use store-bought or our homemade sugar free grenadine.
- Spiced rum - Or liquor of choice. You can also omit the alcohol for a mocktail version.
- Ginger ale - We opt for diet ginger ale for lower sugar, but you can use regular of course.
Visit the recipe card for the full quantities and nutritional information.
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few simple swaps you can make to this punch to help it suit your preferences.
- Low carb or keto. Follow our suggestions using our homemade sugar free grenadine, homemade sugar free apple cider, diet cranberry juice, a lower sugar spiced rum (try Bacardi spiced) and diet ginger ale.
- Mocktail. If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks or are serving kids, feel free to omit the rum entirely.
- Swap the soda. Feel free to use lemon lime soda in place of ginger ale.
- Swap the juice. Swap cranberry juice for grape juice, lemonade, fruit punch, orange juice, or pineapple juice.
- Like it sweeter? Feel free to add a little simple syrup for an even sweeter drink.
- Use flavored rum. You can swap spiced rum for coconut rum or pineapple rum instead.
- Switch the liquor. You can use vodka or any other spirit of your choice in place of spiced rum if you prefer.
- Make it boozier. You can swap the ginger ale with dry sparkling prosecco! Please note you may want to add more juice if you prefer a sweeter drink. You can also add more liquor to taste.
- Make it a witches brew! Serve in a large cauldron for a fun and spooky twist.
- Add creepy garnishes. You can always add candy gummy worms or plastic spiders to make your drink extra weird on Halloween night! Just be very careful not to drink any plastic spiders, as they are a choking hazard, and be sure to leave them out of a kid-friendly version of the punch.
- If making a frozen hand-shaped ice cube, fill up a disposable rubber or plastic glove with filtered water, and freeze it on a flat surface overnight.
- If making your own sugar free grenadine or sugar free apple cider, do this ahead of time, up to 10 days in advance, so they have time to cool off before adding to the punch. Make sure they are completely chilled before assembling the punch.
In a large pitcher or punch bowl, pour in the cranberry juice. (Image 1).
Add in the spiced rum. (Image 2).
Pour in grenadine. (Image 3)
Add apple cider. (Image 4)
Top the mixture with ginger ale. (Image 5)
Add the hand-shaped ice cube, or ice cubes. (Image 6)
Add a little bit of dry ice, and serve! (Image 7). *DO NOT ingest dry ice. Wait for the dry ice to stop smoking in your dry before consuming it to avoid cold burns.
Don't add ice or soda to the punch until just before serving. You can pre-mix all ingredients ahead of time and store in the fridge.
💭Frequently Asked Questions
If you plan to make this ahead of time, do not add ice cubes or ginger ale, as they will go flat, and the ice cubes will melt.
If there are leftovers, you can store them in the fridge, covered for 1-2 days. Please note, that ginger ale will go flat after a few hours.
No, we don't recommend freezing this drink.
🧊Dry ice safety
- NEVER touch dry ice without gloves on, or without tongs. Seriously, don't do it! Dry ice can burn your skin instantly.
- DO NOT store dry ice in the freezer or fridge. Again, it's too cold! It will damage your freezer or fridge.
- DO NOT ingest dry ice! Again, it's way too cold. Ingesting can seriously harm you.
- Dry ice only lasts roughly 24-32 hours before it's gone. The more dry ice you buy, the longer it will all keep when stored together. You should keep it in a cooler to maximize its life, with the lid off to help vapors escape. If possible, store in a well-ventilated area or open a window if the dry ice will be used in large amounts or for an extended period of time.
- To handle dry ice, grab an ice pick or hammer and carefully break off small chunks of it wherever you're serving it. Always use gloves, and eye goggles if you have them.
- If using dry ice on your serving table: Place it in a small container using tongs that won't crack or burst when exposed to heat or cold. Bonus points if you can keep the ice in a self-draining container. Add water. For lots of bubbling, add boiling water. Please note that boiling water will create an intense bubbling effect, the hotter the water, the more the ice will smoke. Cold water will create longer-lasting, more mellow smoke. Once the smoking starts to slow down, pour out excess water.
- Using dry ice in your punch bowl: If you want to put some dry ice in this drink, simply place a small chunk in there and watch it bubble for a truly fun effect! Don't drink anything until the dry ice has completely evaporated.
👻Other Halloween Recipes To Consider
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! 🌟 This helps other readers find our recipes and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience. Follow along, and tag @AFullLiving on Instagram with your photos!
- punch bowl, witch's cauldron, or large pitcher (must be able to hold 2-gallons of liquid)
- ladle (for serving)
- tongs & gloves (for adding ice & dry ice to the punch bowl)
- 32 ounces cranberry juice
- 32 ounces spiced rum (omit if making a mocktail)
- 16 ounces apple cider
- 8 ounces grenadine
- 2 liters ginger ale
- Add cranberry juice, spiced rum, apple cider, and grenadine to a large pitcher or punch bowl. Mix to combine. Chill in the fridge until it's time to serve.
- When it's time to serve, pour in the ginger ale. Add ice, and dry ice while wearing gloves and using tongs!
- Allow dry ice to stop smoking before enjoying your drink. Do not ingest dry ice.
- To make a low-carb version of this punch, use our homemade grenadine, homemade apple cider, diet ginger ale, and diet cranberry juice. This will adjust the nutrition facts to 99 calories per cup, with less than 3 net carbs and 2 grams of sugar per serving.
- ALWAYS wear gloves when handling dry ice, and do not allow it to touch your skin, or it will burn your skin.
- Feel free to swap out the rum for your favorite liquor.
- You can swap out cranberry juice for a variety of juices, like orange juice, lemonade, fruit punch, cherry juice, or grape juice.
- You can also swap the ginger ale for lemon lime soda, or even sparkling wine like prosecco.