This Homemade Maple Latte is the perfect fall coffee drink. It's sweetened with real maple syrup and tastes like something you'd pick up from your favorite coffee shop. It's ready in less than 5 minutes, with only 3 staple ingredients!
If you're craving the perfect homemade latte, this delicious drink will become a favorite. This recipe is one of the easiest ways to make a special experience out of your morning coffee. It's warm, cozy, and comforting and we know you'll enjoy it!
Looking for more coffee recipes? Be sure to check out our honey lavender latte, this hot miel (Spanish coffee with honey), this coconut latte, this iced pumpkin spice latte, or this protein coffee recipe!
This creamy espresso martini with baileys is a treat too!
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Bursting with fall flavors - Maple flavor sort of screams cooler weather, which calls for warm-flavored drinks for those crisp fall mornings. It's the perfect latte to cozy up with on the weekends or become the best part of your busy morning.
- Simple ingredients - Made with only 3 staple ingredients you most likely already have on hand. The other two optional ingredients are also very common household items.
- Quick and easy - This drink is ready in under 5 minutes, so it's great for busy mornings.
- Naturally sweetened - This classic latte is sweetened with pure maple syrup, making for the perfect natural sweetener with rich flavor.
- Perfect for various diet types - This latte is naturally gluten free, but can also be made dairy-free/vegan, and keto friendly.
Here are the ingredients we used for this recipe. You can find more information for substitutions below.
- Choice of milk - We generally opt for whole milk for the most creamy lattes.
- Espresso or strong brewed coffee
- Maple syrup
- Kosher salt - Optional, to balance the sweetness of the drink.
- Pinch of cinnamon - Optional, but delicious and complements maple flavor very well.
Visit the recipe card for the full quantities and nutritional information.
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few suggestions on additional flavors to try, or simple variations to this recipe.
- Vanilla flavored - You can add some vanilla extract to the drink (about ¼ teaspoon) to add more warmth and depth of flavor.
- Low carb - Use your favorite nut milk, like unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, and swap the pure maple syrup for your favorite sugar-free maple syrup (affiliate link).
- More maple flavor - If you'd like to add more maple flavor without more sugar, add about ¼ teaspoon of maple extract in addition to the maple syrup. This can also be useful for low carb diets.
- Iced maple latte - Simply pull your shots of espresso, and mix with maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Add to a glass filled with ice, and top with milk.
- Dairy free or vegan - You just need to swap the milk for your favorite non-dairy milk, like oat milk or another nut milk.
- Maple cinnamon latte - Add more cinnamon for a stronger cinnamon flavor.
- No espresso machine? No worries. You can make any strong coffee in a french press, moka pot, or any other method of choice. Instant espresso is also an option.
- No milk frother? That's okay! You can heat up milk in a small saucepan or in the microwave, then add to a mason jar with a lid. Gently shake until it begins to foam. Be careful, shaking too hard will cause the lid to pop off and the mixture to explode!
- Pull the espresso shots.
- Measure out all ingredients.
Pour maple syrup into a mug. (Image 1) Add espresso or coffee. (Image 2)
Add optional salt, (Image 3) followed by ground cinnamon. (Image 4)
Stir the mixture. (Image 5)
Warm milk and froth, (Image 6) then add steamed milk to the glass. (Image 7)
Garnish with more cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
Sweeten to taste. If making this drink for the first time, start slow with the maple syrup, and add more to taste to ensure it reaches the rest sweetness level to suit your palate.
Need supplies? Shop our Amazon store! Stock your pantry, and find all of our favorite kitchen tools! A Full Living LLC earns a small commission through purchases on our storefront to help support this site.
💭Frequently Asked Questions
This drink is best enjoyed right away, and we don't recommend making it in advance. However, if you need to save it, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Do not freeze.
More Recipes To Consider
Leave a review! 🌟
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! 🌟 This helps other readers find our recipes and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience. Follow along, and tag @AFullLiving on Instagram with your photos!
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 ounces espresso
- pinch of kosher salt (optional)
- pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- 8 ounces steamed whole milk (or milk of choice)
- Add espresso, maple syrup, optional salt, and cinnamon to a mug. Stir to combine.
- Add steamed milk. Garnish with ground cinnamon if desired. Enjoy!
- We don't recommend making this drink ahead of time, as it's best enjoyed right after it's made. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. We don't recommend freezing.
- If making this drink for the first time, add less maple syrup to start, then add more taste.
- For more maple flavor without added sugar, add about ¼ teaspoon of maple extract.
- To make this recipe keto-friendly, use your favorite unsweetened nut milk and a sugar-free maple syrup.
- For vegan or dairy free, swap whole milk for your favorite non-dairy milk.
- To make this recipe iced, combine espresso, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt, then pour over ice. Top with milk.
- You can add warm milk to a mason jar and shake (GENTLY!) to foam the milk if you don't have a milk frother or espresso machine.
- You can also use strong coffee, or instant coffee in place of espresso if you prefer. Add to taste.