Need a light and floral caffeinated pick-me-up? This Lavender Honey Latte is made with a homemade lavender simple syrup combined with honey, frothed milk, and espresso. This drink is like something you would find in a coffee shop!
Note: This recipe was originally published in April 2021, but has been improved and rephotographed. We hope you enjoy the new look!
It's really simple to make this delicious latte! It's low in sugar too, since it only contains a small amount of honey. The lavender simple syrup is our homemade version made with allulose. Garnish this pretty drink with some culinary lavender flowers for a lovely treat.
This latte recipe can be made hot, or as an iced coffee. Either way, you're going to love the sweet herbal and floral notes of this delicious honey lavender latte.
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Made with minimal ingredients - Grab some culinary lavender and store it in the pantry, everything else you likely already have on hand!
- Customizable - This recipe is made low in sugar, and lower in carbs. You can use any milk you prefer to make this drink dairy-free as well. You can also enjoy this drink as a hot or iced latte drink.
- No special equipment needed - While we do use our espresso machine (affiliate link) to pull espresso shots, you can also make this recipe with any method you prefer. Whether it be from your Nespresso machine, or just strong brewed coffee.
- Packed with floral flavor - If you love lavender flavor, this drink is for you. This drink feels fancy enough to find at your favorite local coffee shop, and it's made easily at home!
You can find the full quantities and nutritional information in the recipe card.
- Homemade lavender syrup - We create the sweet and floral base of this coffee drink with our sugar free homemade lavender simple syrup. It can be made up to 10 days in advance. This syrup is sugar free, to decrease the amount of carbs and sugar in this coffee drink, but of course can be made with regular sugar as well.
- Honey - We combine the lavender simple with honey to create a honey lavender syrup. Sweeten to suit your preferences.
- Espresso - Can be substituted for strong brewed coffee. We'll show you how to substitute this in the post, as well as offer a few
- Milk of choice - We use whole milk, and we quickly make steamed milk a couple of ways. One way is to warm up some milk in sauce pan, and then froth it with a hand frother. We also use the frothing wand on our espresso machine sometimes as well.
- Lavender buds - For garnish! This latte wouldn't be complete without these dainty little buds. They're really pretty, but we don't advise eating too many of them, since they can be quite strong in taste and pungent.
Add honey to a coffee mug or glass.
In the bottom of the glass, combine honey with lavender simple syrup to make a lavender honey syrup.
Add in the hot, freshly brewed coffee. Stir to dissolve the honey.
Heat, then froth the milk. Add to the coffee.
Stir, garnish, and enjoy!
⚡️How to make strong brewed coffee
This recipe can use an extra strong cup of coffee instead of shots of espresso if you prefer.
To make strong brewed coffee, you simply add more grounds to the water than what you would normally use for coffee. For example, most regular drip coffee uses 2 tablespoons of coffee beans to every 1 cup of water (8 ounces). For strong brewed coffee, we add about 1 extra tablespoon to each cup of water. A few tips:
- Use a medium or darker roast coffee for a deep flavor.
- Use freshly ground coffee beans. Fresh beans that you grind yourself are going to taste the best.
- Use a french press for the most control.
- Here are more tips (and really all you need to know) here!
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few modification suggestions for this drink:
- Make it iced - You can simply pour the ingredients over a handful of ice to make a refreshing iced honey lavender latte.
- Use cold brew coffee - You could also make an iced lavender latte like above, but use cold brew or cold brew concentrate mixed with water instead of strong brewed coffee or espresso.
- Make it dairy free - Feel free to use any plant milk you like. Some of our top choices would be oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk.
- Make it vegan - Use a dairy free milk, and then use agave in place of honey!
- Super creamy - Want something a little more decadent? Use frothed half and half or heavy cream in place of milk for an indulgent treat!
🌸How to use fresh lavender
If you are lucky enough to have some fresh lavender on hand, definitely use it! You will probably need to use more than if you were using dried, however. The flavor of lavender intensifies as it dries. We'd recommend using about double the amount of fresh lavender to substitute for dried lavender.
🌸More lavender recipes to try
🛒Shop this recipe
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
We don't recommend making this drink in advance, although the lavender simple syrup can be made well in advance and stored in the fridge.
We don't recommend freezing this drink.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Honey Lavender Latte
- 2 ounces espresso (could substitute strong brewed coffee)
- 4 ounces whole milk (could substitute for milk of choice)
- 1.5 ounce sugar free lavender simple syrup (Or to taste)
- ½ tablespoon raw honey (Add to taste. You could substitute for any honey replacement of choice)
- Add honey to a coffee mug or glass. In the bottom of the glass, combine honey with lavender simple syrup to make a lavender honey syrup.
- Add in the hot, freshly brewed coffee. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Heat, then froth your milk. Add to the coffee. Garnish, and enjoy!
- To lower the carbs and sugar, use your favorite honey substitute.
- You can use any milk of choice.
- The sugar free lavender simple syrup can be made up to 10 days in advance and stored in the fridge. Please note, that this simple syrup can be made with sugar as well, but this will impact the nutritional information.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.