This easy lavender gin cocktail is a delicious drink packed with lemon and subtle floral notes. It's made with lavender simple syrup, lemon juice, egg white, and stunning Empress gin.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Empress 1908 Gin over on Instagram. We had to bring this awesome recipe to the blog as well. I mean, how could we not?! Thanks for supporting brands that make A Full Living possible.
Grab your cocktail shaker, it's happy hour and we're making a classic cocktail with a twist! This is a gin drink you're not going to want to miss. Looking for more gin cocktails? You may enjoy our love potion cocktail, this blueberry gin cocktail, this pomegranate gin cocktail, this Floradora cocktail, this elderflower collins, and this blood orange gin cocktail.
❤️Why you'll love this
- Simple ingredients: Only a few simple ingredients are needed to make this cocktail recipe.
- Suitable for multiple diet types: All the ingredients are naturally gluten free, and our lavender simple syrup recipe can be made sugar free!
- Quick & easy: If you prepare the simple syrup in advance, this drink is ready in under 5 minutes!
- No special equipment needed: All you need to make this drink is a cocktail shaker!
- Packed with flavor: The flavor of this drink is so unique and totally captivating. Between the fragrant lavender syrup, the citrus notes, a lovely gin and foamy egg white, this sip is something special.
Here are the ingredients you will need.
Here is a list of ingredients, you can see the recipe card for quantities.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Homemade lavender syrup - Can be made up to 30 days in advance.
- Botanical gin - Our favorite gin is Empress 1908 gin. It's delicious, and the color works perfectly for this lavender drink. Empress has a distinct flavor and is distilled with butterfly pea blossom, Fairmont Empress tea, juniper, grapefruit peel, coriander seed, cinnamon bark, rose petal, and ginger root.
- Raw egg whites - Use high quality eggs, wash them off, make sure they aren't cracked, and keep them very cold until time to use.
- Culinary lavender buds or lavender sprigs - Optional, to decorate your cocktail! You can use fresh lavender in the summertime when it is available.
Pour lemon juice into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with no ice.
Add in lavender simple syrup.
Pour in Empress gin, and watch the color transform!
Add in the egg white.
Shake vigorously for 30 seconds with no ice, until a nice frothy foam forms. Then, add ice and shake again to chill.
Strain into your favorite cocktail glass, like a coupe glass.
If desired, you can top it with some dried lavender flowers for an elegant and beautiful addition.
If you follow a different diet type, don't worry! We have a few suggestions.
- Vegan - Swap the egg white for 2 tablespoons of aquafaba, which is the liquid from canned chickpeas.
- Traditional version - You can simply make your lavender simple syrup with regular sugar instead of allulose sweetener.
Here are a few ways to alter the drink.
- No Empress gin? Just use your gin of choice.
- Make it a lavender collins - Ever had a tom collins? The flavor is similar, but you will skip the egg white, and top with club soda instead.
✨Tips, tricks & additions
Here are a few things to note for making this cocktail turn out the best it can.
- If you're nervous about consuming raw eggs, we'd recommend taking a look at this great guide for more information on consuming them safely. Our tips are to use the highest quality eggs you can find, wash them off, and keep them really cold before consuming. You don't want them to come to room temperature as this will breed more bacteria.
- If you're enjoying this nice summery cocktail when it's nice and warm out, add some fresh herb sprigs like fresh lavender, basil, or thyme!
- Want a more complex lavender flavor? Add a dash of lavender bitters!
🛒Shop this post
Find out if Empress 1908 gin is available near you.
Want more supplies for this recipe or to shop our kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
We don't recommend fully preparing this drink ahead of time, but you can prepare the lavender simple syrup up to 30 days in advance and store it in the fridge.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
More Recipes To Try
Lavender Gin Cocktail (Gin Fizz)
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce lavender simple syrup
- 1.5 ounces gin
- 1 whole egg white
- Ice for the cocktail shaker
- Garnish with lavender buds
- Add lemon juice, lavender simple syrup, gin, and an egg white to a cocktail shaker with no ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to create a foamy top.
- Add ice to the shaker, and shake again to chill. Strain into a glass, and garnish with lavender buds. Enjoy!
- This drink is meant to be enjoyed fresh. You can prepare the lavender simple syrup ahead of time however.
- Keep your egg cold and don't allow to come to room temperature for food safety.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice is always best.