This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe with Candied Pecans will become the star of your baking adventures! These rich and decadent cookies are packed full of sugar free keto chocolate chips and homemade keto candied pecans. Enjoy subtle notes of cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate & of course buttery pecans. This low carb chocolate chip cookies recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth, and convince even the most sugar obsessed friends and family that keto sweet treats can be fantastic. Indulge a little, since these are only 1.5 net carbs per cookie!
We love easy to make, decadent keto treats from time to time. This keto chocolate chip cookies with candied pecans is seriously one of our best yet. Enjoy it year round! While we initially created this recipe around Christmas time when we are always whipping up batches of these easy keto stovetop candied pecans, we fell in love with these keto cookies and haven't stopped making them since! This is the type of dessert that will please all eaters, even if they regularly eat sugar! We made these for some friends that eat a standard American diet and they were truly amazed. They couldn't believe that these cookies were completely keto friendly and sugar free!
- Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Granular sugar replacement of choice (Swerve granular)
- Vanilla extract
- Full fat cream cheese, softened
- Eggs, room temperature
- Almond flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- Coconut flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- Xanthan gum (Bob's Red Mill)
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Sugar free chocolate chips (ChocZero, use our affiliate code 'AFullLiving' for 10%!)
- Homemade low carb candied pecans
If you’re an experienced gluten free and keto baker, feel free to skip to the recipe card. If you’re not, we do recommend reading through all of the notes and steps carefully. The process (and having patience), is super important to making this keto candied pecan chocolate chip cookies recipe special, and we made sure to include lots of tips and tricks!
Let's Make These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- Pull out the cream cheese and the eggs to sit on the countertop for at least an hour so they can come to room temperature. Start by making your candied pecans. You can make them up to a week in advance. Here's our low carb candied pecan recipe! They are ready in under 15 minutes on the stovetop. Once your candied pecans are done, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your sifted almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add melted and cooled butter, and sweetener. Cream together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. This will take about 10 minutes, just to warn you!
- Add in your room temperature cream cheese, and vanilla extract. Cream together until smooth. There shouldn't be any big lumps. This will take another 5 minutes or so. Now, beat in the eggs, one at a time until the mixture is just mixed. You don't want to deflate all of the air you just worked so hard to get into the batter.
- Now, fold into your dry ingredients until a dough is formed. Next, gently fold in the candied pecans and chocolate chips, reserving some for the top. Using a cookie scoop, add to a parchment lined baking sheet. You will have enough dough for 24 small cookies. They look small at least when you add them to the parchment, but they will spread a lot when baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, watching very carefully for the last 5 minutes of baking to avoid burning.
Do I Need To Use Cream Cheese In These Cookies?
Not necessarily, but we feel it gives the cookies such a nice, chewy texture and helps to hold them together nicely. We do recommend using it for the best texture and flavor. You do want to make sure to leave your cream cheese out on the counter to soften for a while before using. When the cream cheese is too cold, it won't combine well with the other ingredients. You want it to be nice and smooth when you are mixing everything together.
If the cream cheese is too cold, it will be super tricky to mix and will leave you with little pockets of cream cheese. Leave your cream cheese out for about an hour before mixing it up, so it gets to room temperature and becomes very easy to mix.
What Sweetener Is The Best To Use For This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe?
We advise sweetening this to taste! We used about ¾ cup of Swerve granular to sweeten these low carb chocolate chip cookies. When it comes to sweetening them, we have found out a think or two about using different sweeteners. While we love allulose (a very rare natural sugar found in figs and other fruits) for things like sauces and simple syrups, it isn't great for baking cookies because it gives your cookies too much of a lift, making them more cake-like. We love Swerve for most things, especially cookies, since it will help you get that nice crisp edge on your cookies.
Where Do I Get Keto Candied Pecans?
This keto chocolate chip cookies recipe calls for the inclusion of our low carb candied pecans recipe, so make these before beginning. You can make them ahead of time and let them sit at room temperature for at least a week (if they will last that long!) They only take about 15 minutes to prepare, so don't worry, you can make those while your cream cheese is coming to room temperature. They're incredibly easy to make, so don't worry! You will need to make them though, because we haven't heard of a ready to use keto candied pecan product yet. If you have, let us know so we can let other people know about it!
Are These Cookies Light and Fluffy or Are They Crispy?
These low carb chocolate chip cookies are soft in the middle, and a little crispy on the outside edge, just how we like them. We use baking soda only in this recipe, which helps the cookies fall a little "flatter" during cooking, allowing them to spread more and get a nice crispy edge. We also cook them at a higher temperature of 375°F, and keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. If you prefer a cookie with a little more "lift" add a bit of baking powder (around ½ a teaspoon) so that the cookies rise in the middle more. We don't prefer this, because we think it makes the cookies "cakey" in texture, which we don't find very desirable. It's really a matter of preference!
Shop This Recipe!
Need supplies for this keto chocolate chip cookies recipe? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don't pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
More Recipes To Try:
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Carb Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups
- Chewy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup granular sweetener
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1.5 cups almond flour, sifted
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150 grams sugar free chocolate chips (¾ cup)
- 10 servings homemade low carb candied pecans (1 batch, recipe linked below)
- First, make our low carb candied pecan recipe. They are ready in under 15 minutes on the stovetop. Once your candied pecans are done, preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your sifted almond flour, cinnamon, salt, xanthan gum, and baking soda. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, add melted butter, and sweetener. Cream together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, this will take about 10 minutes.
- Add in your cream cheese and vanilla extract, then beat until smooth on medium speed. This will take another 5 minutes or so. Then, add in your eggs one by one until combined. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the dough is combined.
- Fold in your candied pecans and chocolate chips, reserving some for the top. Using a cookie scoop, place on parchment lined baking sheets. Press down, then add remaining candied pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes, watching very carefully so they don't burn.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.
Leave a Reply