You might have noticed how much we LOVE produce around here, especially in the summertime, when the fruit is flowing! How can you go wrong with watermelon and strawberries, I mean, seriously?! 😍
You also know by now (if you've been here for a little while) that we also keep the added sugar LOW in most of our dishes (although you might find small amounts of honey in our recipes sometimes, for flavor!)
No matter what diet you follow, we can agree that lots of added sugar is probably not anyone's best friend, right? This drink clocks in at only 4 grams of sugar per glass, since it's sweetened with some erythritol, and a little diet ginger ale.
Feel free to skip to the recipe card if you’re ready to get right into it. We do cover common questions, tips, and tricks in the body of this post to keep reading if you’re wondering something. We do also include tons of step by step pictures in the body of the post. This recipe is now available as a Google Web Story here!
- Watermelon & strawberries – We will melt the butter, and actually allow it to be warm to combine and dissolve the sweeteners a little better. Don’t worry, it will have plenty of time to cool off before adding in the eggs!
- Lime juice - We love to balance out drinks with some freshness and acidity of lime juice. Lemon juice would be good too.
- Sugar free sweetener - Sweeten to taste. We used something sugar free, but we can talk more about sweetening options below.
- Dry white wine - Choose something dry, light and fruity. Avoid oaky wines. Rosé would be delicious for this as well. This list is a great resource for determining which wine is for you. We often opt for a Sauvignon Blanc.
- Diet ginger ale - Something fizzy with some lovely flavor to top it off!
- Vodka - Or any spirit. We'd recommend tequila, rum or gin if you don't like vodka.
How to Make These Watermelon Wine Coolers:
Muddle fruit in the bottom of the glass. We liked to muddle everything pretty well and leave just small chunks in the bottom of the glass.
Squeeze in fresh lime juice, add in sugar free sweetener to taste.
Add in wine, and vodka. Stir with a bar spoon. Add in ice, then top with diet ginger ale.
Garnish the drink and enjoy!
Other Methods For This Drink:
- Blended: Feel free to pop all of these ingredients (except the ginger ale) into a blender if you prefer. If you opt for blending you will likely need some ice or to freeze the fruit ahead of time.
- Shaken: This would be a similar method to muddling in the bottom of the glass. Start by muddling the fruit in the bottom of the shaker, then add in the rest of your ingredients with the exception of the ginger ale. You can shake and then strain into an ice filled glass, the top with ginger ale.
There's many different ways to sweeten this drink, and it will just depends on your diet and preferences!
- Sugar free simple syrup - If you want to make this drink a little more elevated, try making your own sugar free simple syrup (instructions for plain simple are in the recipe card). We make it all the time, in many different varieties. It's so easy, and a fun way to bring drinks to the next level. Try this drink with our jalapeño sugar free simple syrup if you want to spice it up! Add this lavender simple syrup if you're looking for something lightly delicate and floral that would go great with these flavors. Raspberry simple syrup would be another obvious choice!
- Sugar free grenadine - We have a super simple sugar free grenadine that would also taste great in this drink if you like!
- Honey, sugar, maple syrup or agave - If you want to use "regular" forms of sugar, that's totally fine. Sweeten to taste and to fit your dietary preferences.
- Ginger beer (diet or regular) - We would have loved some diet ginger beer in this. The flavor is unmatched! Diet ginger ale is always delicious too!
More Recipes To Try:
- Rosé Paloma Cocktail with Ginger (Low Carb)
- Raspberry Moscow Mule (Keto)
- Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita (Sugar Free)
- Baked Nectarines and Cherries with Burrata
- Keto Piña Colada
Need more ideas? Be sure to check out this massive list of over 85+ low carb and keto friendly recipes on our site!
Shop This Recipe:
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our keto kitchen or pantry? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you're the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Watermelon Wine Spritzer with Strawberries (Sugar Free)
- 30 grams watermelon, rind removed and cubed
- 2 medium strawberries, hulled and cut into fourths
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½-1 tablespoon granular erythritol (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 ounce vodka (you could really use vodka, tequila, rum or gin, it's up to you!)
- 2 ounces dry white wine or rosé (make sure it's on the light and fruitier side, avoid oaky wines)
- diet ginger ale or sparkling water to top (add as much or as little as you want to this, to taste!)
- Muddle the watermelon and strawberries very well at the bottom of the glass to release lots of juice and break the fruit up into chunks.
- Add lime juice, vodka, sweetener and wine, mix well with a bar spoon. Add ice, then top with ginger ale or seltzer water to taste.
- Garnish the drink with a watermelon wedge, lime juice, and strawberries. Enjoy!
- This drink is sweetened to taste, and we used about 1 tablespoon of Swerve granular per glass, for reference. Add more or less to your taste. We like Swerve because it won't give you tummy trouble, and it's always in our pantry.
- You can certainly use our sugar free simple syrup recipe if you'd like in place of just a tablespoon of your favorite sweetener. We opted for a mojito style cocktail (meaning it just all gets muddled at the bottom!) this time, since we loved the idea of a "one glass" cocktail packed with fruit, and just a little sweetener to taste. Makes it very easy to customize, and nothing get's shaken. We just eat up the boozy fruit at the end of the drink!
If you want to prepare your own simple syrup, boil 1 cup water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once water in boiling, remove from heat, and stir in 1.3 cups of allulose until dissolved. Set aside to cool. (Allulose is slightly less sweet than sugar, so you will need a bit more).
- We recommend cutting up at leas the watermelon fresh for these cocktails, as it will get a little soggy as time goes on.
- You can use any spirit you want in this drink. We opted for a cool and refreshing vodka spritzer, but tequila, rum, or dry gin work too!
- You can use either diet ginger ale, (or diet ginger beer, our fave!) or some sort of sparkling diet drink to top this. This is another way to add sweetness (and flavor) and you might even be able to avoid sweetening the drink all together with granular sweetener.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.