Looking for the perfect healthy breakfast? These Yogurt Breakfast Bowls with fresh berries, creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, and more delicious toppings are the perfect breakfast for busy mornings!
Please note: This post was originally shared in April of 2020, but we have updated it for more clarity, more information, and better photos. We hope you enjoy!
A balanced breakfast is one of those meals that seems to always be an afterthought when we have lots going on. That sort of sucks, right?
When we made our keto homemade granola recipe, we knew we really found a great way to enjoy sweet treats for breakfast again! These are too easy and too tasty not to enjoy!
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Filling breakfast or snack - If you need a delicious breakfast or the perfect healthy snack, this solution is always in your back pocket.
- Great for meal prep- You can store the dry ingredients pre-portioned, fruit cut-up, and yogurt in the fridge in individual portion sizes so you have a quick breakfast ready to go in 5 minutes or less. It's possible to save even more time by preparing these as fruit & granola parfaits in mason jars.
- Easy to customize - There are endless ways to keep these yogurt & granola bowls exciting, so your taste buds never complain. 😉 Plus, you can customize this recipe to fit numerous diet types, including keto, paleo, dairy-free, or even vegan!
- Quick and easy - Easy breakfast solution for the win, make a yogurt bowl in 5 minutes or less on busy mornings.
- Simple ingredients - You can use your favorite fresh fruit, make your own granola (or buy your favorite), and add in tons of other pantry and fridge staples. Nothing fancy about this recipe!
You can find the full quantities in the recipe card.
These ingredients are just our suggestions. Feel free to swap out anything with your favorite ingredients!
- Your favorite berries - Personally, we love fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries for this.
- The best granola - We think our homemade granola is the best, but you can also use your favorite brand of granola!
- Nuts & seeds - We are always looking for ways to add more nutrients and healthy fats to our bowls. That's why you'll almond always find nuts like almonds and pecans, hemp seeds, and pumpkin seeds in our yogurt granola bowls. Did you know that 1 serving of hemp hearts has 10 grams of protein? Amazing!
- Sweetener of choice - We like to add a sweet flavor to our plain greek yogurt with a sugar free maple syrup replacement, so we don't end up adding unnecessary sugars to the meal. You can start with any base of yogurt you prefer, like vanilla yogurt.
- Nut butter - Add a scoop of peanut butter, almond butter, or any of your favorite nut butters.
- Chocolate - We love this sugar free dark chocolate. Use chocolate chips, or melt them with a little bit of coconut oil for easy drizzling.
- Coconut flakes - We generally opt for unsweetened coconut flakes.
🍌More topping ideas
As we mentioned, the sky is the limit here, so feel free to add whatever you like!
- Add more healthy fats, fiber, or nutrients with chia seeds, flax seeds, cacao nibs, sunflower seeds, or sunflower seed butter.
- Sprinkle on some ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom for a little more flavor!
- Add any type of fruit. Go seasonal with pomegranate seeds, or super high nutrient with goji berries! Add some sweetness with banana, mango, or pineapple. Apples, cherries, kiwi, and citrus are also wonderful additions, especially seasonally!
Start with a base of greek yogurt. If the yogurt you're using is unsweetened, you may want to mix in some sweetener at this point.
In a small bowl, add the base of yogurt, followed by granola, and nuts.
Add berries, then drizzle chocolate, peanut butter, and maple syrup (or substitute) to taste.
Top with hemp hearts, pepitas, coconut flakes, more berries, chocolate, peanut butter, and sweetener to taste.
Here are some tips for making these yogurt bowls fit for various diet types!
- Dairy free or vegan - We love a good coconut yogurt for a dairy free or vegan substitute for regular
- Paleo - This recipe can easily be made paleo friendly. Sweeten to taste with stevia, coconut sugar, a drizzle of honey, pure maple syrup, or agave. You'd also want to make sure to use your favorite dairy free yogurt, and paleo approved granola.
- Low carb yogurt bowl - If you're looking for less sugar and carbs, make sure to use low sugar fruits like fresh blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Our keto granola recipe is essential for the topping! Add no sugar added peanut butter or other nut butters, sugar free chocolate chips, and make sure to use a low carb yogurt. Two Good Yogurt makes delicious low sugar vanilla greek yogurt, among other flavors like lemon, strawberry, peach, pumpkin, and more. It's definitely our top choice for keto yogurt, since it's sweetened with stevia.
🥞More breakfast recipes
🛒Shop this recipe
You don't pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com.
Store ingredients separately for best results. Store homemade granola, or any dry ingredients in an airtight container at room temperature indefinitely. Fresh cut fruit should be kept separately from dry ingredients to prevent the granola from getting soggy in the refrigerator, along with the yogurt.
🌟Leave a review!
Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! This helps other readers find our recipes via Google, and encourages them to try them. Also be sure to leave a comment with your experience!
Yogurt with Granola and Fruit
- 1 serving greek yogurt
- 1 serving homemade nut granola recipe
- ½ cup mixed berries (70 grams. We used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.)
- Top with: melted chocolate, nut butter, hemp hearts, nuts, pepitas, sweetener, and coconut flakes to taste! (Not included in the nutrition facts as toppings )
- Put the yogurt in a small bowl. If yogurt is unsweetened, you may want to mix in some sweetener for a better taste.
- Layer with granola, nuts, seeds, fruit, maple syrup (or replacement), peanut butter, chocolate, coconut flakes, and more!
- Enjoy right away. Store components separately in airtight containers. Keep dairy products and fruit in the fridge, while granola and other dry ingredients can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Please note that the nutrition facts are estimated with greek yogurt, our keto granola, and fruit only. This is meant to serve as a base recipe and guide.
- Specific nutritional information will vary widely based on the ingredients and amounts you use.
- We don't recommend freezing this recipe.