Enjoy the flavors of autumn in this low carb spiced apple cider spritzer, a fall prosecco mimosa recipe with rum! This easy to mix up is the perfect recipe for the entire fall and holiday season. Making the components on your own lowers the sugar content, making the holidays a little healthier, without sacrificing flavor. Combine our low carb sugar free spiced apple cider with our homemade sugar free keto grenadine, spiced rum, and prosecco for a wonderful low carb spiced apple spritzer!
We can’t get enough warm fall flavors. Fall is truly our favorite season, and it’s so fleeting here in the Midwest, so we try to take full advantage of it! Truthfully this low carb spiced apple spritzer is great from the second September hits, until New Year’s Eve. We love the longevity of the flavors found in this drink, so you can be festive for a large portion of the year!
You might have noticed that we have quite the affinity for our homemade sugar free keto grenadine recipe! You can find it in many of our cocktail recipes, like this low carb apple cider bourbon cocktail (you can find our homemade apple cider recipe in that drink too). Other great drinks you can find our keto grenadine in are this spooky purple people eater drink (a low carb gin cocktail), this pomegranate and ginger gin bennett and this low carb fall harvest bourbon whiskey sangria!
Here’s What We Used For This Low Carb Spiced Apple Cider Spritzer Recipe (Fall Prosecco Mimosa Recipe with Rum):
- Homemade sugar free low carb spiced apple cider – We make a low carb spiced apple cider with just a few simple ingredients. It’s super low in sugar since it’s sweetened with brown sugar Swerve. It’s too easy to make your own, it’s so much healthier than store bought, and you can add as much or as little whole spices and aromatics (like ginger) to the cider as you want. Plus, it makes the whole house smell amazing!
- Sugar free keto grenadine – Our grenadine is just a few simple ingredients and it’s truly amazing. There’s no sense in using store bought grenadine that is absolutely loaded with sugar, unnecessary carbs and weird chemicals. This recipe is just too easy to make, and it adds sweetness and a lovely color and flavor to this spiced apple cider spritzer. Make a batch and then hang onto it because we have a ton of cocktail recipes that use this grenadine recipe. Keep scrolling to find out more!
- Spiced rum of choice- We used Spiced Bacardi, which is actually quite low in carbs and sugar, but we can talk more about that later. We’d like to make a note that this Spiced Bacardi used to be known as Bacardi Oakheart. We love it, and it has such a nice and spiced, smoky flavor. We’d also like to a mention of the fact that Bacardi gifted this product to us, and we decided to make something with it, but it was not required of us. Thanks Bacardi for helping us to create great cocktails!
- Dry prosecco of choice– We used Mionetto DOC Trevisio Brut Prosecco, our favorite! You can use your favorite variety. We opt for a dry prosecco since there a lot of sweet element in this cocktail and we love Mionetto. They produce a very high quality prosecco for a great price.
- Garnish with: apple slices (optional)
Is Spiced Rum Keto?
Honestly, this is a hard question to answer, since keto is a metabolic state. Keto isn’t a food! Ketosis is basically the absence of carbs and sugars, and using fat for fuel in your body. While some foods are higher in carbs and sugar than others, we pretty much believe in eating what you want to an extent. When you’re first starting out with a low carb lifestyle, it might be easier to limit some things, but in time, we have found that moderation for us is key.
Now, onto the rum. Alcohol in general can be known to kick people out of ketosis, because alcohol will be used for fuel before any other food source. After alcohol, your body will turn to carbs for fuel, and then lastly, fat burning! Basically, on nights of heavier drinking, your body is running off of alcohol before anything else. When you add extra sugars and carbs to the mix with your alcohol, things can get a little tricky. Many spiced rums have tons of extra sugar. Not Bacardi spiced rum though! It has only 0.5 grams of sugar and 0.5 carbs per every 1.5 ounce serving. Not bad at all! That’s why we chose it for this apple spritzer cocktail. It has a lovely warming and smoky flavor.
What Prosecco is Best For This Apple Spritzer?
Prosecco in general is one of our favorite alcoholic beverages, with it’s crisp and refreshing flavor. Our favorite prosecco brand is Mionetto! They craft high quality (D.O.C. certified) sparkling wines for a very reasonable price-point. We thought their standard Trevisio Brut Prosecco was perfect for this apple spritzer, since it’s dry and low in carbs, but is very fruity in flavor with a good hint of golden apples. It’s very well balanced and light, making it the perfect base for sparkling cocktails. We love Mionetto’s dry yet flavorful wines. We made a delicious low carb rosé ginger paloma over the summer, if you’re in the mood for another sparkling wine based cocktail!
Can I Make These Apple Spritzers Ahead of Time?
We wouldn’t recommend making these too far in advance, because the prosecco in this spritzer will fall flat. To make a larger batch, you could mix together the apple cider, the spiced rum and the keto grenadine and store it in the fridge. Right before serving, pour in a bottle of chilled prosecco and you have a larger batch ready to go so you don’t have to spend the whole night mixing and pouring. We will say though, this drink comes together in one glass without a shaker or ice, so there isn’t much to it! All you need to make it is a bar spoon to stir the ingredients together.
Is this Apple Spritzer Keto Friendly?
Alcohol can be a little tricky with ketosis, since your body burns off alcohol before it burns off carbs or fat, like we mentioned above. We will provide a more detailed breakdown of the nutrition facts of this drink below, but overall, this drink is only 6 net carbs per glass. We think that’s pretty low carb and keto friendly! Each person is different though and how their body reacts to alcohol, and it does depend on the brands you use. We don’t like to guarantee anything, but we do hope we can guide you in the right direction of a healthier cocktail that will be fun and festive for the holidays.
Here’s More Cocktails You Will Love:
- Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper
- Bourbon Whiskey Red Wine Sangria
- Cranberry Prosecco Margarita
- Low Carb Mango Mojito
- Keto Hot Buttered Rum
- Spiced Cranberry Old Fashioned
Tools We Used For This Recipe:
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our keto kitchen or pantry? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
How to Make This Low Carb Spiced Apple Cider Spritzer (Fall Prosecco Mimosa Recipe):
Prep all of your ingredients ahead of time. It will make your life a lot easier when it all comes together. This cocktail is actually quite easy to make, but you will need to make your homemade apple cider and keto grenadine ahead of time. You can make it up to 10 days in advance.
In a champagne flute, add in your apple cider and spiced rum.
Add in your keto grenadine, then top with prosecco! Garnish with an apple slice if desired.
That’s it! Just serve and enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Low Carb Spiced Apple Cider Spritzer (Fall Prosecco Mimosa Recipe with Rum)
- 2 oz homemade sugar free spiced apple cider
- 1 oz spiced rum of choice
- 0.5 oz homemade sugar free keto grenadine
- 2 oz brut prosecco
- In a champagne flute, combine chilled apple cider, chilled grenadine, spiced rum, and top with chilled prosecco.
- Stir with a bar spoon and garnish with a slice of apple.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.