If you love margaritas, but you want to keep the sugar down and make it festive, you have to try this Sparkling Cranberry Prosecco Margarita. You'll be feeling very jolly! It's perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's with all of those cranberries. Ready in under 5 minutes!
This margarita cocktail is so fun to drink, easy to make and while magically being low in calories and sugar. You'll love drinking it all holiday season. Mix up a batch of these festive cranberry prosecco margaritas - they're the perfect way to get the party started!
*This recipe has been rephotographed and updated from when it was originally published in December of 2020.
Feel free to skip the recipe card to get right into it. Otherwise, make sure to read the full post for all the tips, tricks and process shots.
This post is also available as a Google Web Story.
- Fresh lime juice - This is a classic and the most essential ingredient when making a margarita! Fresh squeezed is obviously best.
- Orange juice & sugar free simple syrup - Traditionally Triple Sec or orange liqueur, like Grand Marnier or Cointreau are used for a hint of orange flavor in a margarita, but it also adds a ton of sugar and carbs, so we use fresh orange juice instead + homemade sugar free simple syrup instead! You could substitute fresh orange juice for orange extract for even less added sugar.
- Reposado tequila - What's to say? This is an essential ingredient!
- Kosher salt - Diamond Kosher Salt is our top choice salt, unless otherwise noted, so make a note of this if you are going to use something else. This article is incredibly helpful when deciding how much salt to use!
- Diet cranberry juice- This adds your cranberry flavor, and color of course! It also provides a little bit of sweetness, with minimal calories and sugar.
- Prosecco - You can use your prosecco of choice here, something dry. The bubbles + the cranberry instantly make this drink festive.
- Garnish with: orange slices, cranberries, rosemary (optional)
How to Make This Keto Prosecco Margarita:
In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in your freshly squeezed lime juice and fresh squeezed orange juice.
Also add in the sugar free simple syrup to taste.
Add in the diet cranberry juice and tequila.
Sprinkle in some salt, then give the shaker a good shake, for about 30 seconds until cold. Strain into glasses filled with ice.
Top with prosecco.
Garnish with an orange and/or lime wedge, cranberries, and some "sugared" rosemary if desired. Enjoy!
*To make the sugared rosemary, you can either use regular sugar, or a granulay sweetener of your choice, then get the rosemary wet before dunking it in the sweetener.
Yes, prosecco is keto friendly, generally speaking! However, ketosis is the absence of carbs, and a metabolic state, not a food. With that being said, dry prosecco is generally considered one of the best alcohols to drink on keto.
If you're asking how many carbs are in prosecco, we'd have to say it depends on the brand, but in general, there are about 1-2 grams of carbs in a 5-ounce serving of prosecco. So, if you're opting for a low carb drink, prosecco is a great go to!
We have a few other prosecco cocktails that you might enjoy, like this low carb rosé ginger paloma, and this apple cider spritzer!
A simple syrup is exactly what it sounds like. You combine equal parts hot water and sugar free sweetener of choice and stir until it dissolves. Some sweeteners will crystallize once they are cold but you can remedy this by warming it up prior to using it.
Allulose sweetener is our preferred method for the texture and flavor, since it won't crystallize after being refrigerated. It is slightly less sweet than sugar however, so keep this in mind.
Bring a cup of water to a boil on the stovetop, once boiling, stir in 1 and ⅓ cups allulose sweetener. Allow to cool, and then use. Store for up to 3 months in an airtight container at room temperature, or up to 6 months in the fridge!
More Sugar Free & Keto Cocktails To Try:
If you're looking for a healthier way to indulge this holiday season, let us point you in the direction in some of our most favorite holiday cocktails that are all under 10 net carbs per drink!
- Bourbon Whiskey Sangria
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Spiked Chai Tea
- Rosemary Margarita
Shop This Recipe:
Want to get supplies for this Margarita recipe or shop our pantry? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love.
It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! 🙂 Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you're the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Prosecco Margarita with Cranberry (Keto Margarita)
For the sugar free simple syrup (will produce about 12 ounces of prepared simple syrup):
- 256 grams allulose sweetener (1 and ⅓ cups)
- 8 ounces water
For the cocktail:
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1.5 ounces reposado tequila
- 3 ounces diet cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ ounces homemade sugar free simple syrup (or to taste, see recipe above)
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 2.5 ounces brut prosecco
- ice for the shaker and the glass
- Garnish with: cranberries, orange wedge
- To prepare your simple syrup, boil your water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Once water in boiling, remove from heat, and stir in your sweetener until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Rim glasses with kosher salt by wetting with the edge of a lime and covering in kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine lime juice, orange juice, tequila, simple syrup, diet cranberry juice and salt. Shake until cocktail shaker is cold, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into ice filled glasses, and top with prosecco. Garnish with a wedge of orange, and cranberries. Enjoy your Keto Prosecco Margarita!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.