Need the perfect cocktail for a holiday gathering? This decadent Pumpkin Pie Martini is made with real pumpkin puree and a few other staple ingredients. Serve it for cocktail hour at Thanksgiving dinners and other festive gatherings, it's bursting with fall flavors and is easy to make!
This vodka martini has been given an upgrade for pumpkin season! It tastes like a piece of pumpkin pie in a glass and is one of our favorite fall cocktails.
Don't forget the pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust!
❤️Why we love this recipe
- Basic ingredients - You probably have everything you need on hand already, as this recipe is made with kitchen and pantry staples. You can find anything you don't already have at any grocery store.
- Naturally sweetened - This recipe is naturally sweetened with real maple syrup and no other sugars, so you can feel good at its wholesome ingredients!
- Full of the flavors of fall - From rich pumpkin flavor, to hints of vanilla, maple, and spice, this is a boozy cocktail that tastes delicious, and it's perfect for the fall season.
- Fun and festive - If you need the perfect Thanksgiving cocktail, this one is it. This decadent cocktail is a favorite cocktail for the holiday season.
- Quick and easy - You don't need to do much planning for this pumpkin cocktail, simply pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake it up, and enjoy!
Here are the ingredients we used for this recipe. You can find more information for substitutions below.
- Plain vodka - We like to stick to plain vodka since it's easy to find and has no added sugar. Plus, it's easier to control the sweetness level for different preferences. Just choose something you enjoy the flavor of on its own.
- Half and half
- Pumpkin pie spice - Store bought or homemade. Or ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin puree - NOT pumpkin pie filling, which is already sweetened and has added spices.
- Maple syrup
- Kosher salt
Visit the recipe card for the full quantities and nutritional information.
✨Substitutions & variations
Here are a few suggestions on additional flavors to try, or simple variations to this cocktail.
- Flavored vodka - Want something extra sweet and decadent? Try adding vanilla vodka or whipped cream vodka in place of plain vodka.
- Dairy free or vegan - Simply swap the half and half for your favorite nut milk, like coconut milk or coconut cream.
- Creamier - Use heavy cream instead of half and half for even more decadent flavor.
- Simple syrup - If desired, you can always use simple syrup instead of maple syrup.
- Low carb - To make this recipe low carb, sugar free, and keto friendly, sweeten with your favorite maple syrup substitute (affiliate link).
- Garnish the rim of the glass - There are a few ways to make this drink a little more fun. Simply crush graham crackers to make the perfect addition to the rim of your martini glass. To do this, you can crush up the crackers really small, and wet the rim of your glass. Place crumbs on a small plate, and flip the glass upside down and place in the cracker crumbs. You can also do this with cinnamon sugar. Press lightly to adhere, then add the cocktail mixture to it.
- Mocktail - Simply omit the vodka, and replace it with water so the mixture can combine properly.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Place martini glasses in the freezer to chill, or, fill them with ice.
In a cocktail shaker, add ice. (Image 1) Pour in vodka. (Image 2)
Add in the pumpkin puree, (Image 3) and maple syrup. (Image 4)
Pour half and half into the cocktail shaker, (Image 5) followed by vanilla extract. (Image 6)
Add in a pinch of salt, (Image 7) followed by the pumpkin pie spice. (Image 8)
Double strain through a metal sieve into chilled martini glasses. (Image 9)
Top with whipped cream, more pumpkin pie spice, and a cinnamon stick if desired. Enjoy!
✨Tips & tricks
- Chill your martini glasses so that the drink can stay cold longer. Since this recipe is served without ice, it needs a very cold glass.
- Sweeten to taste. It's hard to say how much maple syrup you will prefer in your drink. You can always add more to suit your taste, so if making this recipe for the first time, add it slowly and then more to taste.
- Double strain the cocktail through a metal sieve for a silky smooth drink.
Need supplies? Shop our Amazon store! Stock your pantry, and find all of our favorite kitchen tools! A Full Living LLC earns a small commission through purchases on our storefront to help support this site.
💭Frequently Asked Questions
We don't recommend making this entire recipe in advance. However, you can mix the pumpkin pie mixture into a thick paste in a large bowl if making it ahead of time. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days in advance.
When it comes time to make the drink, add roughly 180 grams of the pumpkin mixture to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Add vodka, shake, then strain. Enjoy!
Pumpkin pie spice is easy to make at home with just a few spices. The best part about making your own is that you can adjust the spices to taste. You can also buy it easily (affiliate link) at almost any store in the fall.
4 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground cloves
& about ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
This makes a large batch, just under 8 tablespoons worth. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place and use in other recipes!
More Pumpkin Recipes To Consider
Did you try this recipe? Make sure to leave a 5-star review below! 🌟 This helps other readers find our recipes and encourages them to try them. Also, be sure to leave a comment with your experience. Follow along, and tag @AFullLiving on Instagram with your photos!
- cocktail shaker
- 90 milliliters vodka (3 ounces)
- 60 milliliters half and half (40 tablespoons)
- 60 grams pumpkin puree
- 45 milliliters maple syrup (3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ice for the shaker
- Add all ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to chill. Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream, a cinnamon stick, and pumpkin spice. Enjoy!
- Double strain through a metal sieve for a silky smooth drink.
- Sweeten to taste.
- Make sure to chill your cocktail or martini glasses to help make sure the drink stays cold.
- Swap half and half for nut milk for a dairy-free or vegan version.
- For low carb, use sugar free maple syrup.