This Low Carb Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail is the sugar free and low carb fall harvest cocktail of your dreams! Combine our low carb apple cider with our homemade keto grenadine, apple cider vinegar, apple cinnamon infused whiskey, lemon juice, and top with ginger beer. Add a little edible glitter for a fancy feel.
Fall is our favorite time of year, period. What’s better than some low carb apple cider, keto grenadine, apple cinnamon infused whiskey, diet ginger beer and a little edible glitter for fun?! Okay so the edible gold glitter is optional, but it really makes this drink look kind of magical, doesn’t it? We love a delicious low carb fall cocktail, so we got to work on making some some of our favorite fall cocktail mixers low carb. This drink clocks in at 9 net carbs per glass, and while it’s probably not considered keto friendly (unless you save all of your carbs for this drink..) it’s definitely low carb and low sugar!
This time of year is all about those warm spices, so we injected it as much as we could. You could skip the infused whiskey if you like and just use regular. If you’re in the mood for more fun fall cocktails, try this fall harvest bourbon whiskey sangria, this apple cinnamon whiskey sour, or this spiked chai tea.
Here’s What We Used For This Low Carb Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail:
- Homemade apple cinnamon infused bourbon whiskey, or whiskey of choice – We infused our whiskey with fresh apples and cinnamon sticks. It’s a super simple process that only takes a couple of days, and you have something super flavorful. We included instructions on how to infuse your whiskey below.
- Homemade sugar free keto grenadine – Making your own grenadine is super simple, tasty and significantly lowers the amount of sugar per drink. You could substitute for just plain pomegranate juice, but you may need to add an additional source of sweetener. The grenadine adds sweetness to this drink.
- Spiced sugar free low carb apple cider – Another homemade component, and it’s so good! We love making our own homemade apple cider. It’s so easy, and it makes the house smell amazing. Plus, the carb count is super low since we don’t use any sugar to sweeten it. You could use store bought, but just be aware that almost all store bought versions are sweetened with sugar.
- Fresh lemon juice– This adds a lovely flavor and a bit of tartness to this otherwise sweet drink! Fresh squeezed is best.
- Apple cider vinegar – Another way to add acidity to this drink. While it’s technically optional, we really feel it adds just what this drink needs. As we mentioned, this drink is otherwise very sweet, so the apple cider vinegar adds the perfect tartness, apple cider flavor and acidity to this apple cider bourbon cocktail.
- Edible gold glitter (optional) – This is totally optional, but it’s so fun!! We love adding edible glitter for a fun effect. Don’t worry, it’s food grade so it’s totally safe to consume. You can definitely leave it out, as it doesn’t add any flavor to the drink. We add it to the cocktail shaker to that we can get that swirling effect in the drink. It will settle like dust after a while, so we use a bar spoon while we are drinking it to continue swirling the glitter.
- Diet ginger beer (Goslings) – Diet ginger beer makes this drink so tasty! It’s diet so no worries about added carbs, there aren’t any. The flavor of ginger beer pairs perfectly with everything else in the drink. If you don’t have diet ginger beer, you could use diet ginger ale instead.
- Ice– We shake the cocktail with ice, then strain it into a chilled glass. No need to add more ice to the glassware when serving, but you will need it to chill the contents of the cocktail before adding it to your glass and pouring in your diet ginger beer.
Is This Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail Keto?
No, not quite. We consider this more of a low carb cocktail. You could reduce the amount of carbs and sugar in this cocktail by reducing the keto grenadine and low carb apple cider according to your taste buds.
We live more of a low carb lifestyle, as opposed to keto. Drinks are weekend or special occasion indulgence for us (usually), so most of the cocktail recipes you will find on our site are more on the low carb side as opposed to keto. Most drinks on here are 10g net carbs or less!
How Do I Make The Apple Cinnamon Infused Bourbon Whiskey?
This apple cinnamon infused bourbon whiskey is the best part of so many of our fall and winter cocktails! It really adds that delicious edge to our apple cider bourbon cocktail. It’s so incredibly simple to make. I find myself constantly repeating the steps because it’s in so many of our cocktail recipes. Maybe one of these days I should do a full detailed post about this one on it’s own.
To make it, you simply add 1 apple cut into chunks with about 6 – 8 cinnamon sticks to a jar. Pour in your favorite bourbon whiskey, put the top on, and give it a good shake. Store in a cool dry place for 3 – 5 days before using. You can strain before using and discard the apples and cinnamon sticks. Voila!
What Is Diet Ginger Beer?
Diet ginger beer is a non-alcoholic mixer with a very strong, ginger taste. Traditionally, ginger beer is fermented with sugar, so the diet version is sadly not fermented. It is flavored like it’s fermented! It’s such an amazing mixer, you will find it in a ton of our drinks. Our favorite brand is diet goslings ginger beer. You can find it at Target or many stores around the US. You can also buy it on Amazon. Use your favorite brand. If you can’t find diet ginger beer, our second choice would be this sugar free ginger lime Sparkling Ice. It’s delicious! Diet ginger ale would also taste great in this cocktail.
What Is Edible Gold Glitter and How Do I Use It?
For this recipe, we used edible gold glitter as a nice touch to add a gorgeous, shimmery gradient to our cocktail. It’s totally optional, but it’s festive! This food grade edible gold glitter is definitely fun to work with. You do need to shake it in the cocktail shaker however. You may also need to periodically stir your cocktail once strained so that the glitter doesn’t all settle at the bottom of your glass. It’s so pretty and fun to watch! Since it’s food grade, it’s totally safe to consume. It doesn’t taste like anything either, so it’s just for fun. The gold glitter in this drink makes this apple cider bourbon cocktail so fun to look at. Great for any holiday celebrations!
Do I Need a Cocktail Shaker For This Cocktail?
Yes, you do. You want to combine all of the ingredients (except for the ginger beer) with ice in the cocktail shaker. This will chill the drink, as well and water it down just a touch so that it’s perfect to drink. Just don’t make the mistake of adding the ginger beer to the shaker! You will end up with a gigantic mess. Just top each drink with ginger beer later.
Here’s Some More Low Carb Cocktails You Will Love!
- Spiced Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Spiked Chai Tea
- Fall Harvest Bourbon Whiskey Sangria
- Spiced Apple Cider Spritzer with Rum
Tools We Used For This Recipe:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cocktail shaker
- Citrus reamer
- Bar spoon
- Sharp Chef’s Knife & Chopping Block
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our keto kitchen or pantry? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
How to Make This Low Carb Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail:
Prepare your keto grenadine, apple cinnamon infused bourbon whiskey and low carb apple cider ahead of time. The grenadine and the apple cider can be prepared up to 10 days in advance.
Add your fresh squeezed lemon juice, keto grenadine, low carb apple cider, infused bourbon whiskey and edible gold glitter dust to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, then strain into a glass. Pour in your diet ginger beer, then garnish with an apple slice. Stir with a bar spoon to get the best swirling effect with the gold glitter.
That’s it! Just serve and enjoy responsibly.
If you get a chance to try this apple cider bourbon cocktail recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Low Carb Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- 4 oz homemade low carb apple cider or to taste
- 2 oz sugar free keto grenadine or to taste
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 oz homemade apple cinnamon infused bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 tsp edible glitter optional but beautiful!
- 1 can diet ginger beer to top drinks
- apple slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add lemon juice, your low carb apple cider, keto grenadine, apple cider vinegar, your infused apple cinnamon bourbon whiskey, and your edible gold glitter.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, then strain into a glass. Top with ginger beer. Stir with a bar spoon for the best gold glitter swirling effect. Enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.