This Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet is an incredibly easy to make, delicious, low carb, keto, paleo and gluten free dinner that is ready in minutes! Full of flavor, with just a few staple pantry ingredients like a homemade cajun seasoning blend, onions, red and green bell peppers, smoked sausage and shrimp. It’s ready it under 30 minutes.
Here’s What You Need For This Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet:
- Unsalted butter
- Avocado oil
- Yellow onion
- Jalapeño (optional, for extra kick!)
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Spicy homemade cajun seasoning blend, or to taste, depending on your spice tolerance (listed above)
- Sausage of choice, we used Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Beef Sausage
- Shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- Garnish with: Parsley and Tabasco Sauce (optional)
Seasoning: You could use any cajun seasoning blend you like. Just beware that store bought versions may have additional added ingredients, and added salt. We love making our own blend, and it has a kick of spice! We save money doing this, and it tastes great. We do recommend starting slow with the seasoning, tasting, and adding more if necessary. We use about 1 tbsp of our spice blend, but that makes for a quite spicy dish. We have a pretty high tolerance for spice though, so start with about half that amount, and then add more taste. You may need to add extra salt to if you use less of the seasoning blend.
How To Make Your Own Cajun Seasoning Blend:
**This is if you want to make your own. Please note, that this recipe listed is meant to make a big batch to store in the pantry, and for this particular recipe, we only use about 1 tbsp, but we like things very spicy. We suggest starting with about a 1/2 a tbsp, or to taste to season this dish.
- 2 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp black ground pepper
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
Shrimp: For the shrimp, devein and peel them before preparing. Also, make sure you add the shrimp to the skillet LAST, as it will cook in just a few minutes.
Sausage: Andouille sausage would be great for this, but use whatever you want. We loved Kiolbassa Smoked Meats, and that’s what we had purchased from Costco. We also used 1.25 lbs, because this is how much four sausage links weigh. Use as much as you’d like!
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
More Recipes You Will Love:
Let’s Make It!
Cut your bell peppers, onions, and jalapeños into strips, or shapes of choice. In a skillet, melt some of your butter and add a bit of oil. Add in the peppers and onions, with a pinch of salt and some of the cajun seasoning. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add the remaining butter and oil to your cast iron skillet. Add in your sausage and sear. Once browned up to your liking, add back in the peppers, and then add the raw shrimp. Add the rest of your cajun seasoning to and mix well with a spoon so that everything is well seasoned.
Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then garnish with parsley. Serve with hot sauce (optional) and dig in!
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 125 grams yellow onion, cut into strips (about half of a large onion)
- 1 whole jalapeño (optional, for extra kick!)
- 1 whole red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 whole green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 0.5 tbsp spicy homemade cajun seasoning blend (or to taste, we used about 1 tbsp, but we love things to be spicy.)
- 13 oz smoked sausage of choice (we love and used Kiolbassa Smoked Meats beef and cheddar flavor )
- 1.5 lbs shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- Garnish with: parsley and Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a skillet, melt some of your butter and add a bit of oil. Add in the peppers and onions, with a pinch of salt and some of the cajun seasoning. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and oil to your cast iron skillet. Add in your sausage and sear. Once browned up to your liking, add back in the peppers, and then add the raw shrimp. Add the rest of your cajun seasoning to and mix well with a spoon so that everything is well seasoned.
- Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then garnish with parsley. Serve with hot sauce (optional) and dig in!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.