We got inspired by the viral TikTok trend, when baked feta pasta took the internet by storm. Haven’t heard of it? There’s a viral recipe called #uunifetapasta made famous in Finland by Liemessa and originally shared by Tiiu.
We decided to take the baked feta and tomato concept and then make it into a chicken dinner! So, we added a few more veggies and herbs, and some chicken to make a simple, sheet pan dinner that is SO tasty and easy!!
We include lots of process pictures in the body of the text, as well as ideas for substitutions and more. Feel free to skip to the recipe card if you’d like to get right into it.
This recipe is now available as a Google Web Story!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – You could also use skinless chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Feta cheese – A block of fresh feta cheese is what we need here, although crumbled feta cheese can work in a pinch.
- Cherry tomatoes & bell pepper – Use whatever colors you prefer. A green bell pepper went really well with our colorful cherry tomatoes.
- Onion & garlic – Use some finely chopped onion and some minced garlic to season everything up really well.
- Lemon juice & olive oil – To coat and flavor all of the ingredients on the pan.
- Kosher salt & black pepper – Season to taste, and don’t be shy!
- Dry seasonings – Italian seasoning or a Greek seasoning blend would taste delicious for this. We used Italian seasoning. Also included are some crushed red pepper flakes, for a little kick. Totally optional however.
- Fresh herbs – We used fresh sweet basil and fresh oregano, optional. Feel free to add what you like, like parsley.
How to Make The Feta Chicken Bake:
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, mix together your seasonings and the salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions and bell pepper and drizzle with some of the lemon juice and olive oil, along with some of the fresh herbs. Remove from the bowl and add to the sheet pan.
Now, season the chicken, with some of the lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and seasonings in a bowl. Add to the sheet pan, leaving some space in the middle for the feta.
Add the feta, along with the remaining olive oil, seasonings and lemon juice.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°F.
Toss to combine, then garnish with more fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy!
Tips For The Best Easy Feta Chicken:
- Feel free to lightly sear the chicken in a cast iron skillet before adding to a sheet pan if you want a more crispy skin. It’s not necessary however.
- If you have leftovers, store in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
More Easy Chicken Recipes To Try:
- Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Wrapped with Parma Ham
- Keto Chicken and Dumplings
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Need more ideas? Be sure to check out this massive list of over 85+ low carb and keto friendly recipes on our site!
Shop This Recipe:
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our keto kitchen or pantry? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store!
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Baked Chicken Feta Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
12 oz feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 12 ounces feta cheese in brine
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, mix together your seasonings and the salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions and bell pepper and drizzle with some of the lemon juice and olive oil, along with some of the fresh herbs. Remove from the bowl and add to the sheet pan.
- Now, season the chicken, with some of the lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and seasonings in a bowl. Add to the sheet pan, leaving some space in the middle for the feta.
- Add the feta, along with the remaining olive oil, seasonings and lemon juice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches at least 165°F.
- Toss to combine, then garnish with more fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy!
- Feta in brine is best, but crumbled feta can be used in a pinch.
- Feel free to sear the chicken thighs for a short time to brown them up before adding to the sheet pan.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.