Last updated on August 23rd, 2018
I’ve been traveling and been having a hard time getting to WiFi to upload this post. My dad just moved into a new apartment and finally got the WiFi set up today. We have still been doing plenty of cooking though. 🙂 I didn’t mean to neglect the blog!
Here’s a recipe I made last week in honor of Prince, Rest in Peace to a legend. Decided to make some purple potato breakfast hash complete with tons of veggies and my favorite – over easy eggs and queso cheese.
Here’s What I Used:
1 tablespoon butter
4 medium sized purple potatoes
1 -2 jalapeños
1 small yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 small red bell pepper
1 small orange bell pepper
1 cup mushrooms
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of queso cheese
Here’s How I Made It:
- Dice up the potatoes nice and small. Warm the butter in the skillet and toss in the potatoes. Cook on low stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes before adding any other ingredients. Potatoes take a longer time to soften up.
- Dice up the garlic, onions and jalapeños while the potatoes are cooking. I actually like the jalapeños in a little bit bigger slices, it’s whatever you prefer really. Add those in after the potatoes have softened a bit. Cook for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Dice up the bell peppers and add those to the skillet. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Cut up the mushrooms whatever which way you like and add those to the skillet, cook those for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in some salt and pepper, the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika and stir around. Next, crack the eggs on top of the potato and veggie hash and cover for about 3 minutes.
- Add the slices of queso cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer) on top of the potato hash and recover for another few minutes. Then you can dig in! Serve with hot sauce and whatever else you enjoy.
- DIG IN!!!