This Savory Keto Waffle is truly the low carb, gluten free brunch of your dreams. The recipe is super simple. It comes together with just a few ingredients and in a few minutes. Cheese and green onions make this waffle delicious. Pair them with some eggs and you have yourself a delicious low carb, gluten free and keto friendly breakfast, brunch, and lunch!
- Almond flour
- Shredded cheese of choice (we used a Mexican style, mozzarella or cheddar would be great too!)
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper* (optional)
- Heavy whipping cream or low carb milk of choice (we use Fairlife because it's so low in carbs!)
- Green onion
- Garnish with: butter, avocado, bacon, eggs, green onion, whatever you want!
Let's Make These Low Carb Savory Waffles!
Preheat your waffle iron. You want to this guy to be really hot so you can get a nice crispy waffle! Dice up your green onions. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add your almond flour and cheddar cheese. Add your baking soda, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne and garlic powder. Mix well with a whisk.
Add in your eggs, mix well. Mix in your milk and fold in your green onions.
Make sure the waffle iron is super hot, and then grease the waffle iron with some non-stick spray. Try not to overfill. Place the lit on and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until it's nice and browned and crispy.
Now top with some butter and fried eggs if you want. Avocado would be another great topping!
Sprinkle with some more green onions and enjoy your Savory Keto Waffle!
This savory low carb waffle recipe was originally created back in 2016 before we were low carb. We used that recipe as a base and modified the ingredients, as well as updated the pictures. We hope you liked the new look!
For this recipe we used a low carb milk, you could use heavy whipping cream but it will probably up the carbs and definitely will affect the macros. Any nut milk would work fine for this recipe too.
Seasoning: The seasonings we used in the batter are to our taste, and we do prefer a bit of spice. If you don't, just go ahead and leave out the cayenne pepper. Onion powder would also go great in this. You could use any multi purpose seasoning too, just make sure you know how much salt is in it so you don't add too much!
Flour: We often get asked about substituting flours for people that aren't keto or gluten free. We are definitely not experts, but we kind of just experiment a lot until we find what works. We usually use almond flour and we find the texture to be closest to regular white flour in our experience. Since this recipe was adapted from our higher carb version, we know for a fact that you can sub almond flour 1:1 for regular flour.
Toppings: We love a fried egg on top of these Keto waffles. We didn't include the egg or green onions as garnish in the macros, so please make sure to add calculate those into your own macros. Other great toppings would be avocado, hot sauce and cilantro.
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
Shop This Recipe!
Need supplies for this Keto Waffle recipe? We've linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don't pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn't cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
Here's Some More Recipes You Will Love:
- Keto French Toast Pigs in a Blanket with Candied Bacon
- Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Strawberries and Cream Hemp Heart Oatmeal
If you get a chance to try this low carb waffle recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Savory Keto Waffle
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican style, cheddar or mozzarella would work)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup low carb milk of choice (almond milk, or whatever you like)
- 2 whole green onions, cut into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoon butter for topping
- Top with: fried eggs, cheese, bacon, avocado, more green onions, whatever you like!
- Preheat your waffle iron. You want to this guy to be really hot so you can get a nice crispy waffle! Dice up your green onions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your almond flour and cheddar cheese. Add your baking soda, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne and garlic powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add in your eggs, mix well. Then add in your milk. Fold in your green onions.
- Make sure the waffle iron is super hot, and then grease the waffle iron with some non-stick spray. Try not to overfill. Place the lit on and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until it’s nice and browned and crispy.
- Now top with some butter and fried eggs if you want. Avocado would be another great topping! Sprinkle with some more green onions and enjoy your savory keto waffles!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.
Elaine @ Dishes Delish says
This looks yummy! I like what you did with your website. Looks great!!
Thank you so much! Trying out a new look. Glad you like it. Let me know if you get a chance to try this recipe, and let me know what you think! 🙂