These Keto Maple BBQ Glazed Shrimp are the perfect mix of sweet, spicy and tangy, all while being completely sugar free. This easy shrimp side or appetizer comes together in less than 15 minutes. All you need are a few ingredients and a couple of simple tools to make a mouthwatering sweet, sticky and spiced glazed shrimp dish that is low carb and keto friendly.
Keeping it low carb or keto is super tasty and easy with these low carb tasty morsels! Simply coat some shrimp with a little sugar free bbq sauce, and keto maple syrup with some seasoning, bake in the oven for a few minutes, and boom! An easy, low carb, gluten free and high protein snack (or even dinner) that's delicious for the whole family. If you love shrimp, you will love this super simple oven baked recipe.
Here’s What You Need For These Keto Maple BBQ Glazed Shrimp:
- Shrimp- Peeled, defrosted and deveined with the tails left on. Buy them frozen, they're cheaper that way and the same quality! Also, if you can, get them deveined at least.
- Olive oil- We will coat the shrimp with just a little bit of olive oil before baking. Adds fat to this super lean protein source too!
- Kosher salt- Our number one source of salt! It's easy to control the saltiness level with Diamond Kosher salt.
- Ground black pepper, onion powder garlic powder and smoked paprika - Add to taste! This will give the shrimp plenty of flavor.
- Sugar free maple syrup- Use your favorite low carb or sugar free maple syrup replacement. We love ChocZero! You can use our affiliate code 'AFullLiving' for 10% off your order!
- Homemade BBQ Sauce (Sugar Free) or your favorite store bought, we like G Hughes BBQ.
- Green onion or parsley for garnish (optional)
What Shrimp Should I Use?
We prefer to use larger prawns, but we ended up using medium size because that's simply what we had on hand at the time in the freezer! The size of the shrimp will affect cooking time, so just pay attention to that. Speaking of frozen shrimp, it's totally cheaper and 100% the same quality as fresh (if not better), so get a couple bags to stock up, and we're sure you will be glad you did! A lot of times shrimp sits out fresh in those cases at the grocery store, and who knows how long it has been there. It's super simple to thaw shrimp, so we prefer to just to it our selves! It feels safer, and it also costs a lot less. The stuff that's "fresh" at the grocery store was literally frozen (just like your shrimp in a bag) before they put it out for display.
We do prefer to buy our shrimp deveined at the very least. Deveining shrimp is just one of those things we don't enjoy at all, so we just skip that step entirely. We do often purchase shrimp that we have to peel however, and that is totally fine for us. We save the shells in the freezer to make shrimp stocks like for this spicy shrimp bisque or this Finnish style salmon soup!
What Maple Syrup Do I Use?
There are a couple main flavor components in this recipe. The first being the maple syrup or maple syrup replacement. Our favorite sugar free maple syrup of all time is by far ChocZero! We are affiliates for this awesome company, so you can use our code 'AFullLiving' at checkout on their website for 10% off your order. If you don't have maple syrup, you could sub about 1/2 tsp maple extract, then add a couple tablespoons of granular sugar free sweetener of choice, like our favorite sweetener Swerve Sweetener.
What Sugar Free BBQ Sauce Should I Use?
We love our Spicy Bourbon Homemade Sugar Free BBQ Sauce with these! You of course use your favorite sugar free store bought sauce if you prefer, but it's easy to make your own.
Here's Some More Recipes You Will Love:
- Spicy Shrimp Bisque
- Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet
- Finnish Salmon Soup
- Low Carb Jambalaya
- Chipotle Lime Shrimp
- Citrus Glazed Salmon
Let's Make This Keto Maple BBQ Glazed Shrimp!
When your shrimp is thawed, peel off the shell and leave the tails on. Devein the shrimp if necessary. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, add your raw shrimp, olive oil, and seasonings. Mix together with a rubber spatula.
Add your BBQ sauce, and sugar free maple syrup to taste. Mix together well, then lay the shrimp out on your baking sheet.
Bake the shrimp in the oven for 5-7 minutes. That's it! Simple garnish with green onions, or parsley if you'd like. You could also drizzle on more maple syrup if you want.
If you could please leave a comment and/or a rating if you loved this recipe, we would be forever grateful! (Ratings helps users find our recipes, since users say that they like them!)
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Keto Maple BBQ Glazed Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion pwoder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup (we used ChocZero, use code ‘afullliving’ for 10% off your order!)
- 1/4 cup homemade sugar free bbq sauce
- 2 whole green onions for garnish, optional
- When your shrimp is thawed, peel off the shell and leave the tails on. Devein the shrimp if necessary. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add your raw shrimp, olive oil, and seasonings. Mix together with a rubber spatula.
- Add your BBQ sauce, and sugar free maple syrup to taste. Mix together well, then lay the shrimp out on your baking sheet.
- Bake the shrimp in the oven for 5-7 minutes. That’s it! Simple garnish with green onions, or parsley if you’d like. You could also drizzle on more maple syrup if you want.
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.