Hot Honey (Spicy Honey Recipe)
This Spicy Hot Honey recipe is the perfect mixture of sweet, spicy, and smoky. It's a wonderful condiment to a variety of dishes, and it comes together quickly and easily with just a handful of ingredients!
Servings: 16 servings
- 8 ounces honey
- 1-1.5 tablespoons smoked paprika (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Combine honey and seasonings in a saucepan with a pinch of salt over medium heat. If this is your first time making this spicy honey, add about half the amount of each seasoning first before adding more to make sure it suits your preferences.
Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring often to dissolve the honey and combine the seasonings.
Remove from the heat, and stir in the apple cider vinegar. Transfer to a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store in a cool, dry place (like the pantry) for up to 3 months.
- Use fresh, pourable honey that has not begun to crystallize. Raw honey also isn't the best choice for this recipe.
- Add spices to taste. If this is your first time making this recipe, add spices slowly and to taste.
- You can strain the mixture through a metal sieve to get any clumps of spices and chili flakes out if you prefer.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- If the mixture begins to crystallize, you can add a bit of boiling hot water to it before using it to loosen it up.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.03g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 468IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.3mg