Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic
These Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic are the ideal super easy dinner side for any meal. Crispy, salty, and savory bites with a light sweetness and acidity make it such a balanced side.
Servings: 12 people
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved, and leaves loosened
- 24 ounces thick cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 1.5 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 400°F, with the large baking sheet inside with it.
In a bowl, combine brussels sprouts, bacon, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and balsamic vinegar. Toss to combine. Add to the preheated baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast for 40-50 minutes, tossing halfway through. When it's finished, garnish with more salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven, air fryer, microwave, or on the stovetop.
- Preheat the baking sheet in the oven as it warms up for the crispiest brussels sprouts.
- Make sure to place ingredients in a single layer to maximize crispiness.
- Add cayenne or red pepper flakes for a spicy flair.
- Add garlic or parmesan cheese in the last 15-20 minutes of roasting if desired.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 1278mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 877IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg