Low Carb Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Hot Cocoa
This Low Carb Salted Dark Chocolate Bourbon Hot Cocoa is the perfect alcoholic treat to warm you up from the inside out! Rich and creamy hot cocoa, spiked with bourbon, topped with whipped cream and plenty of salted dark chocolate drizzle. This delicious low carb and keto friendly drink is an indulgent treat with minimal impact on your blood sugar because it's sugar free and low in carbs.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cups low carb whole milk or nut milk of choice
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 oz sugar free dark chocolate chips (could sub for 1/3 cup cocoa powder, or unsweetened chocolate and add additional sweetener to taste)
- 1/3 cup sugar free sweetener of choice
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 3-4 oz bourbon of choice, to taste
- whipped cream, salt, and chocolate drizzle to garnish
In a small pot, heat your heavy whipping cream and milk until warm, then stir in your chocolate chips, whisking until melted.
Stir in sweetener, cinnamon, and salt to taste and stir until dissolved. Allow to warm until just below boiling.
Remove from heat, then stir in your bourbon and vanilla extract. Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream, chocolate drizzle and salt and enjoy!
Whipped cream and chocolate drizzle are not included in the nutrition facts.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 294mg | Iron: 3mg