Lemon Herb Chicken
This super simple Lemon Herb Chicken is a versatile, flavorful, and easy chicken dinner! Made with staple ingredients, this yummy chicken is ready in 30 minutes or less.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 whole lemons, juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional and to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- lemon slices, fresh chopped parsley and oregano for garnish
In a large bowl, add raw chicken, about 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the lemon juice and zest, plus all of the salt and seasonings. Toss to combine and coat all sides of the chicken. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. When time to cook, melt butter in a skillet, and add chicken in a single layer. Don't overcrowd the pan, you may have to cook the chicken in batches. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken reaches at least 165°F.
Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting in. Garnish with fresh parsley, oregano, and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Spices can be adjusted to suit your personal preferences.
- Fresh herbs are optional.
- Don't marinate the chicken with lemon juice for much longer than 20 minutes, as the high acidity will cook begin to cook the chicken.
- For a full list of substitutions and variations, please visit the body of this post.
Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Potassium: 894mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg