Skip the coffee shop, and make this delicious Rose Latte Recipe with homemade rose syrup, steamed milk, and espresso. Everyone's favorite flower makes for a lovely, delicate, and flavorful coffee drink filled with rose flavor.
Servings: 1 serving
For the rose simple syrup (makes 4-6 servings):
- 4 ounces water (may need to add more if water evaporates)
- 2 tablespoons edible rosebuds (about 8 grams)
- 128 grams allulose (could substitute for regular sugar)
The simple syrup can be made up to 1 month in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. To make it, heat water, rose buds, and allulose or sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes, then strain away rose buds before using.
Pour espresso into your mug of choice, followed by the rose simple syrup.
Top with frothed, steamed milk, and garnish with edible rose petals. Enjoy!
- Sweeten to taste. The sugar free rose simple syrup adds a minimal amount of carbs.
- Feel free to use regular sugar instead of allulose if you prefer.
- Use any milk you like including nut milk or oat milk.
- Strong brewed coffee can be used instead of espresso, use about 4 ounces of strong brewed coffee to substitute for 2 ounces of espresso.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 405mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 367IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 280mg | Iron: 1mg