Agurksalat - Norwegian Cucumber Salad
Agurksalat, also known as Norwegian Cucumber Salad is a classic side dish for a variety of main dishes, like a lovely piece of salmon, meatballs, and more. They're a little sweet, a little sour, and very fresh. They cut right through rich dishes and enhance the meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 medium English cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 4 ounces white vinegar
- 4 ounces water
- 36 grams granular erythritol (3 tablespoons, or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Add water, vinegar, sweetener, and salt to a saucepan, and heat to dissolve the sweetener, whisking often.
Once dissolved, add the vinegar mixture to a bowl, and add pepper to taste. Add cucumber slices and make sure they are covered by the pickling solution. Cover, and let sit for at least half an hour refrigerated. Before serving, stir in chopped parsley.
Enjoy with salmon, meatballs, or any protein you like!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. The flavor will intensify as time goes on.
- Use a mandoline or cheese slicer (osethøvel) for very thin cucumber slices.
- Sugar can be substituted 1:1 for granular erythritol.
- Black peppercorns can be used in place of ground black pepper.
- Parsley can be substituted or combined with fresh dill, it's delicious!
- Apple cider vinegar can be used.
- We don't recommend freezing this recipe.
Calories: 9kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg