Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Looking for a new delicious side dish? This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is one of our favorite ways to enjoy asparagus. It's surely a family favorite, with minimal cooking time and prep work.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed (2 bundles)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 slices bacon
Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Coat asparagus spears with lemon juice, olive oil, and most of the seasoning mixture and toss to combine until asparagus is well coated.
Separate the asparagus into 8 bundles, and wrap each one with a slice of bacon. Season with remaining seasonings. Add to prepared air fryer trays or baskets and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
After cooked, garnish with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or in the air fryer.
- Nutrition facts are per 1 bundle. 1 bundle = 1 serving.
- All seasonings are optional and to taste.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure to flip the asparagus bundles halfway through cooking.
- If your bacon is extra thick, make sure to parbake it in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 375°F before wrapping the asparagus to make sure you don't overcook the asparagus.
- Be sure to air fry in batches if you aren't able to keep the bundles in a single layer.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 918IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 3mg