Sugar Free Mulled Wine
A delicious, warm and spiced sugar free mulled wine with fruit, brandy and mulling spices!
Servings: 4 servings
- 750 milliliters red wine
- 4 ounces brandy (could substitute brandy, whiskey, or spiced rum)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar replacement (96 grams)
- handful of cranberries (optional)
- 8 whole cloves
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cardamom pods
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole star anise
- Garnish with: cranberries, apple slices, orange rounds, cinnamon sticks and spices
Add all ingredients to a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Gently warm, stirring to dissolve sweetener. Don’t allow the mixture to boil. Gently simmer for at least 10 minutes, or up to a few hours to heat the wine and infuse it with flavor.
When desired taste is reached, strain away whole spices and fruit pieces. Ladle into tumblers to take it to go so it stays nice and warm! Serve in thermal cups, top with desired garnishes.
This will keep at room temperature for up to 3 days, or covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Use whatever your favorite mulling spices are to taste. Taste frequently if simmering for a long time, as the drink will become more spiced overtime. Once spice level you like is achieved, remove spices and discard.
- Brandy or other alcohol is optional and can be left out.
- Sweeten to taste, adding more sweetener gradually to suit your preferences.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg