Bourbon Apple Smash Cocktail (Refined Sugar Free)
Looking for a fun, delicious fall cocktail? This Apple Bourbon Cocktail ticks all the boxes. It's made with hard apple cider, bourbon, honey crisp apple, a little lemon, warming spices and sugar free maple syrup. You're going to love this easy to make & delicious autumn drink!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/4 large honey crisp apple
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup replacement (could use regular maple syrup if not watching carbs)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Dash Angosturra bitters (optional)
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- Ice to fill shaker + for the glass
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces dry hard cider to top drink
- Garnish with apple wedge, cinnamon stick, lemon, thyme springs (optional)
Muddle apple in the bottom of a cocktail shaker with sugar free maple syrup, lemon, warming spices, bitters and sugar free maple syrup.
Pour in bourbon, then add ice to fill shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to chill. Double strain into an ice filled glass. Top with dry apple cider, and garnish with cinnamon sticks, apple slices and thyme if desired.
Serve right away. To make a larger batch, pre mix all ingredients except for the the hard apple cider. Pour into a large punch bowl or serving container, then serve with ice and top with cider before serving.
- Use whatever your favorite type of apple is, and be aware that the nutrition facts may vary depending on the apple.
- A dry hard cider was used for this cocktail, use your favorite variety.
- Regular maple syrup can be used in place of sugar free maple syrup but it will greatly impact the carbs, sugar, and calories.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg