Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
If you're looking for a healthy pumpkin bars recipe, you're going to love this keto friendly and gluten free dessert! They are covered in a cream cheese spiced maple frosting, and they're truly decadent. These are one of the easiest fall desserts to feed your friends and family, with minimal prep time!
Servings: 20 servings
For the frosting:
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered erythritol (108 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 30 milliliters maple syrup (2 tablespoons)
For the bars:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease your Lodge baking pan and set aside. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum in a bowl. Whisk to combine, and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar replacement and unsalted butter in a bowl, mix to combine. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar, mix to combine, then, add eggs one by one and fully combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, sifting in the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix in a bowl, then spread in the greased Lodge baking sheet.Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting:
With a hand mixer, combine softened butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Then, sift in the powdered sweetener.
Add maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple extract. Mix until light and fluffy, and refrigerate until it’s time to use.
Frost, and then top with cinnamon or pumpkin spice if desired. Cut into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve chilled for the tastiest results, do no heat.
- The bars taste the best after they are stored in the fridge for a bit to chill.
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter for the frosting are softened and room temperature.
- Maple syrup can be substituted for a sugar free version if desired.
- If you want to freeze the bars, do not frost them first, and instead wrap the pumpkin bar base very tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months, and defrost in the fridge.
- Make sure to cool bars completely before frosting.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3746IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg