Banana Liqueur (No Added Sugar)
Making your a refined sugar free and low carb banana liqueur has never been easier. Sure, it does take a few days to infuse, but in no time you will have a homemade (sweet but not sugary) dessert shot or flavored spirit to add to fruity drinks!
Servings: 20 servings
- 4 medium bananas, ripe
- 144 grams allulose sweetener (about 3/4 cup)
- 16 ounces white rum
- 4 ounces water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
Mash bananas in a bowl. Add to a large jar, then cover with rum, shake and stir to combine. Put the lid on and put away in a cool, dark place for a minimum of 3 days, (preferably 7 days).
When time is up, strain bananas away from the rum mixture, discarding banana. You may need to use cheesecloth to avoid getting fruit sediment in the mixture.
In a sauce pan, make your simple syrup by heating water to a boil, removing from the heat, then stirring in allulose. Allow to cool for a bit, then add in optional vanilla extract and stir.
Add simple syrup mixture to banana rum mixture, and shake to combine. Allow the flavors to meld for a day or so for best results. Store in a glass container in a cool dark place for up to 1 year! Add to various cocktails.
- Allulose is about 70% as sweet as sugar, so keep this in mind if you plan to use something else in its place.
- If you'd like a warm and spiced flavor to this liqueur, feel free to use spiced rum instead. Just keep an eye out for added sugar content if this is a concern.
- Vanilla extract is optional.
- Add a splash of banana extract to really ramp up the banana flavor of the liqueur.
Serving: 1ounce | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg