Broccolini Slaw (Refined Sugar Free)
This broccolini slaw recipe is sweet, a little spicy and tangy. This zesty recipe is easy to put together in just a few minutes, without added sugar, and is sure to be a delicious and refreshing bite!
Servings: 8 servings
For the broccolini slaw:
- 500 grams broccolini
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium honey crisp apple
- 105 grams dried cherries (about ¾ cup)
- 2 stalks green onions
For the dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol (or any sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
In a medium sized bowl, add all of your dressing ingredients, whisk well, and set aside until it’s time to put everything together.
Place your carrots, apples, celery, dried cherries and broccolini in a large bowl or a shallow plate. Pour dressing over top of the veggies and toss to mix.
Add in green onions and sliced almonds, toss again. Plate and garnish with more green onions, almonds and cherries.
- This salad is best enjoyed fresh, and doesn’t save for very long. Chill for about 1 hour before serving, just to let the flavors meld, then enjoy right away.
- If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Use red onion in place of green onions if you prefer.
- Walnuts or pecans can be used in place of almonds.
- Broccoli can be used in place of broccolini.
- Use any type of apple you like.
Sodium: 458mg | Calcium: 89mg | Vitamin C: 62mg | Vitamin A: 4255IU | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 3g | Potassium: 146mg | Cholesterol: 7mg | Calories: 196kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 11g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 21g | Iron: 1mg