Cherry Tomato Confit
Ready for a simple summertime condiment that will make everything taste better? This cherry tomato confit recipe is next level delicious, and take just 5 minutes to prepare before roasting. Slowly roast tomatoes in the oven with olive oil, garlic, herbs and a few seasonings. Use this yummy topping with any protein, in pastas, with eggs, on toast, salads, or anything you like.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, any colors of your choosing, washed with stems removed
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup olive oil (choose something good quality)
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
Preheat oven to 250°F. Place tomatoes and garlic cloves on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper, mixing to combine.
Add fresh herbs on top, and bake for 2.5 - 3 hours, checking every so often to make sure nothing burns. Remove from the oven to cool, discard the thyme, basil and oregano.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 10 days, making sure there is enough oil to cover everything to ensure it stays fresh. Bring to room temperature before eating as the olive oil will solidify in the fridge.
Serve with literally anything! We love it with some fresh basil, burrata or mozzarella cheese, on eggs, salads, with proteins, you name it!
- Any seasonings or herbs you like can be used here, but keep in mind what you plan to use the tomatoes for later, as whatever herbs you use will create a flavor profile. We like to go sort of "classic" or neutral with basil, thyme and oregano.
- Add as much or as little garlic as you like.
- You can add shallots or onions to the mixture if you like as well.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 752IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg