Cauliflower Mushroom Skillet with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
Cauliflower mushrooms with plenty of flavor? Sign us up! This easy skillet side will be the perfect flavorful vegetable side for just about any protein we can think of. Help even the picky eaters learn to enjoy just how delicious these two tasty veggies can be!
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt, divided (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 16 ounces cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced, halved or whole
- 1 head cauliflower florets (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 whole lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/8 cup chicken stock (can substitute for white wine, any broth of choice or water)
- Garnish with: parsley, dill, parmesan, lemon wedges
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion with a pinch of salt, and cook until softened about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, and dry seasonings, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add in the remaining butter, then the mushrooms, and cook, stirring often until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in cauliflower; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring often, until nice and tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and zest, dill, parsley, and chicken stock. Simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, along with fresh dill, parsley, parmesan and lemon wedges if desired. Serve immediately.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- The nutrition facts do not include parmesan or any extra garnishes.
- You can slice up the mushrooms thin, or leave them whole, cut them in half, or really just do whatever you like. It's totally up to you.
- If using frozen cauliflower, it will definitely release more water than fresh, so be sure to prepare them ahead of time. This will give the water time to evaporate. This will also decrease your cooking time greatly, since the cauliflower will already be soft. You will only need to add cauliflower in at the same time as the liquids, so the flavors can meld together a bit.
- You can use any herbs you wish to get the flavor palate you desire. Seasonings are the same as well. Red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning would be great additions as well!
- If using wine, just make sure to add it in a little earlier than you would chicken stock, giving it enough time for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Any broth, water or dry white wine of choice will work perfectly fine for this.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 597mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 646IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg