Keto Snack Mix (Protein Packed with Beef Biltong!)
Looking for a low carb party mix or a sugar free savory keto trail mix? We've got you covered with a crave-worthy, savory and zesty snack mix recipe. If you're craving snacks, you'll be pleased to know this mix has only 3 net carbs and 17 grams of protein per serving, making it perfect for the keto diet.
Servings: 16 servings
- 4 ounces pork rinds, broken into small pieces
- 3 ounces cheese crisps
- 2 ounces cashews
- 2 ounces peanuts
- 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 ounces Brazil nuts
- 2 ounces pecans
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Stryve beef biltong (use our code Living15 for 15% off!)
Preheat the oven to 250°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine pork rinds, nuts and cheese crisps. Toss to combine.
In a sauce pan, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, and your desired seasonings to taste over medium low heat. Whisk constantly until combined. Pour the seasoned butter over top of the pork rinds and nuts mixture, and toss to combine. Add the seasoned butter slowly, to ensure even coating.
Once the mixture is well coated, transfer to the baking sheets in a single layer. Place in the oven, and bake for about 1 hour, checking every 20 minutes or so to move the pieces around so they get nice and crispy and browned.
Carefully cut your biltong slab into thin strips, then cut into bite sized pieces. Add the biltong pieces to the snack mixture and toss to combine. Allow the mixture to cool completely before enjoying or storing.
Eat within 3 days of preparing, unless you plan to add the biltong in batches when it’s time to eat. The snack mix without the biltong will last about 1 week in an airtight container.
- You can use any kind of mixed nuts or cheese crisps that you prefer, just be sure to calculate the macros accordingly.
- If you plan to eat the snack mix throughout the week, you can always add bits of beef biltong right before eating. Once opened, the biltong is best consumed within 3 days.
- The snack mix without the biltong will be good for 7 days in an air tight container.
- It’s really important to let your snack mix cool completely before storing it or eating it. This will allow everything to get nice and crispy. Otherwise, the mix will end up soggy.
- Season according to your tastes! Some people like to add hot sauce to their snack mix. Our seasoning mix is mostly just savory and umami, with a little kick of spice and tanginess.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 2mg