Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles
Delicious and nutritious Garlic Butter Steak Bites with Lemon Zucchini Noodles take only minutes to cook. Juicy pieces of seared steak with an easy lemon garlic butter sauce, on a bed of zucchini noodles with so much flavor. Another easy, one skillet dinner ready in 30 minutes coming right up!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound steak, cut into chunks, we used beef tenderloin (you can use your favorite cut)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1/4 cup beef broth (or broth of choice)
- 2 tablespoons basil ribbons (about 0.4 ounces)
- 1 whole lemon, juice and zest
- 3 medium zucchinis, for zoodles
- Garnish with: basil, lemon slices, fresh cracked black pepper, sea salt, parmesan slices
Heat a large (at least 10″) skillet over high heat. Season your steak bites generously with salt and pepper, along with optional red pepper flakes if using. Reduce to medium heat, then add your olive oil to the skillet.
Cook steak in batches, about 30 seconds to 1 minute per side until the bites have a nice sear on the both sides. After all steak bites are cooked, return them to the skillet with some of the butter and turn off the heat, moving the steak around constantly to coat the pieces in butter. Set steak aside.
In the same skillet over medium heat, add the remaining butter with the shallots and garlic, cooking for 3-5 minutes stirring often to prevent the garlic from burning. After shallots are cooked and translucent, stir in the beef broth, lemon zest and juice.
Add the zucchini noodles and basil ribbons to the skillet and stir constantly to warm through for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the steak bites to warm through, for about 1-2 minutes.
Garnish with lemon slices, fresh cracked pepper, flakey sea salt, parmesan cheese, and more basil.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 864mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 860IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg