Steak and Seafood Skillet with Creamy Sauce
This flavorful Steak and Seafood Skillet is filled with a luscious garlic parmesan sauce. Juicy shrimp, sirloin steak, and a creamy garlic parmesan sauce with spinach, lemon, and spices. A one skillet surf and turf meal that will delight taste buds, and be ready in under an hour.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds steak (use any cut you like, we used ribeye)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided (or to taste, add slowly)
- 1.5 teaspoons course ground black pepper, divided (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (to taste)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 whole lemon, juice and zest
- ½ cup broth of choice (could use beef, seafood, chicken, vegetable or even dry white wine!)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated (do not use pre-shredded parmesan cheese)
- Parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat a large skillet (at least 10.25") over medium high heat. Season your steaks liberally with salt and pepper. Once hot, add in olive oil, then add the steaks to the skillet. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until a nice crust forms and the steaks are cooked to your liking. Once cooked, set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing into the steak.
Add in some of the butter to the pan, and season the shrimp with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and some red pepper flakes if desired. Add the shrimp to the skillet, and cook 1-2 minutes on each side. Once shrimp are cooked through, remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add remaining butter to the skillet, along with diced onion and a pinch of salt. Cook until onion is brown and caramelized, then add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the chopped spinach and cook until wilted.After spinach has wilted, add in lemon juice, zest and broth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the heavy cream, along with the parmesan cheese in batches, stirring constantly until completely melted and a sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Add the steak and shrimp back to the skillet, top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. We don't recommend freezing this.
- Make sure to freshly grate your parmesan cheese. Pre-shredded will not melt properly and your sauce will become clumpy instead of a rich, creamy texture.
- To reheat, gently simmer in a skillet.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper. Be aware that adding parmesan to your sauce will introduce salt into your dish, so take care not to over salt the sauce before incorporating the cheese.
- Cook time on both your steak and shrimp will depend a lot on the size and thickness of them. For the steak, you should also cook it to your preference. We prefer our steak cooked medium-rare.
Sodium: 1710mg | Calcium: 292mg | Vitamin C: 12mg | Vitamin A: 4863IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 702mg | Cholesterol: 256mg | Calories: 662kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Fat: 53g | Protein: 41g | Carbohydrates: 7g | Iron: 3mg