7 Layer Dip with Chorizo Recipe
This Easy 7 Layer Chorizo Dip is the ultra satisfying appetizer you’ve been craving. Mouthwatering chorizo, seasoned sour cream, salsa, zesty guacamole, and a few vegetable toppings. Easy to make and enjoy, this twist on your classic 7 layer dip will become an instant favorite.
Servings: 16 servings
For the seasoned sour cream layer:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 whole lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, homemade or store bought
For the guacamole layer:
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 large red onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 whole limes, juiced
- 12 ounces chunky salsa of choice, drained of excess water
- 6 ounces shredded cheese of choice
- 4.5 ounces pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 2 packages Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Chorizo, casings removed, cooked and crumbled then drained of fat (Two 12-ounce packages)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat your skillet over medium heat, and add the crumbled chorizo. Cook until completely done and browned, about 12-15 minutes, then drain the excess fat from the chorizo and set chorizo aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, juice of ½ a lime, and minced garlic. Taste, then add salt and pepper if desired. Layer your seasoned sour cream layer in the bottom of a 6 cup glass baking dish.
Add a layer of chunky salsa, then a layer of shredded cheese.
For the guacamole layer, combine avocado, remaining lime juice, salt, pepper and minced red onion and mash with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Spread the guacamole over top of the cheese layer.
Now layer on pickled jalapeños, and top with cooked chorizo. Finish it all off with diced tomatoes, lettuce shreds and cilantro. Dig in and serve immediately!
- Keep in the fridge and eat within 3 days of preparing.
- Can be prepared ahead of time, but be sure to leave off lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro until it's time to serve, or they will become soggy.
- Make sure to drain the excess fat from the chorizo before adding to the dip, or else it will make the dip soggy.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 751mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 791IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg