Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Everyone loves Crispy Baked Chicken Wings! Even better when you can make them at home with just a few simple ingredients and tools. We season the wings so they have a spicy kick of their own, so they're good dry or with a side of buffalo sauce! These wings use no oil or breading, so they're gluten free and much healthier for you than restaurant style. In under an hour, you have craveworthy chicken wings!
Servings: 4 people
For the wings:
- 3.5 pounds split chicken wings (bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder (1 teaspoon per pound of wings)
For the buffalo sauce (optional):
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 ounces buffalo sauce of choice (we like Frank's RedHot)
- Serve with: veggies, blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, hot sauce (optional)
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Dry your chicken wings off very well with paper towels to get rid of extra moisture.
Mix up your seasoning blend, then coat the wings. We use our hands (with gloves on) to make sure everything is well incorporated. Then, add the baking powder and make sure the wings get well coated with that as well.
Place the wings skin side down on the parchment paper to help crisp up the skin. Cook for 25 minutes, and then flip over, so that both sides of the chicken wings can get nice and crispy for another 25 minutes.
About 5 minutes or so before the wings come out of the oven, heat your butter and hot sauce together in a small saucepan over medium low heat. After combined, put in a dish to use for dipping sauce later.
Now, simply taste, and dunk the chicken wings in sauces, and dig in!
- Reheat under the broiler, or in the air fryer at 400°F for 3-5 minutes for best results.
- If making enough for leftovers, leave the sauce off until it's time to serve.
- Season according to your own personal preference!
- Keep in mind that we used kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of chicken wings. This made for perfect wings.
- Also use 1 teaspoon of baking powder per pound of wings.
- For super crispy wings, make sure to use parchment, flip halfway through, avoid overcrowding the pan and don't skip the baking powder!
Calories: 558kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 188mg | Sodium: 1724mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 682IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 3mg