Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet
This Cajun Shrimp Sausage and Peppers Skillet is an incredibly easy to make, delicious, low carb, keto, paleo and gluten free dinner that is ready in minutes! Full of flavor, with just a few staple pantry ingredients like a homemade cajun seasoning blend, onions, red and green bell peppers, smoked sausage and shrimp. It’s ready it under 30 minutes.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 125 grams yellow onion, cut into strips (about half of a large onion)
- 1 whole jalapeño (optional, for extra kick!)
- 1 whole red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 whole green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 0.5 tbsp spicy homemade cajun seasoning blend (or to taste, we used about 1 tbsp, but we love things to be spicy.)
- 13 oz smoked sausage of choice (we love and used Kiolbassa Smoked Meats beef and cheddar flavor )
- 1.5 lbs shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- Garnish with: parsley and Tabasco sauce (optional)
In a skillet, melt some of your butter and add a bit of oil. Add in the peppers and onions, with a pinch of salt and some of the cajun seasoning. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add the remaining butter and oil to your cast iron skillet. Add in your sausage and sear. Once browned up to your liking, add back in the peppers, and then add the raw shrimp. Add the rest of your cajun seasoning to and mix well with a spoon so that everything is well seasoned.
Now, simply taste, adjust seasonings if need be, then garnish with parsley. Serve with hot sauce (optional) and dig in!
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 339mg | Sodium: 1289mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 412IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 3mg