Cranberry Simple Syrup
Kick festive cocktails up a notch, with this vibrant and simple to make cranberry simple syrup. Ready in 20-minutes or less, with only 4 ingredients.
Servings: 12 servings
- 12 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 12 ounces water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to preserve shelf life)
In a medium saucepan, add cranberries, and water. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer, and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, until cranberries have softened or popped.
Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Pour the cranberry juice mixture back into the saucepan over medium heat. Add in sugar, and stir frequently to dissolve. Add in lemon juice.
Allow to cool completely before adding to cocktails. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days, and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Don't press down on the cranberries when straining through the fine mesh sieve, or else your simple syrup will become cloudy.
- Sweeten to taste. If you like your sauce to be sweeter, you can always add more sugar. We recommend starting out with the recommended amount and then adding more as needed.
- Make this up to 10 days in advance and store it in the fridge to save time on the day you plan to mix up drinks.
- Make sure to cool completely before adding to cocktails, or else it will quickly melt the ice in your drinks.
- If freezing, transfer to a freezer-safe container. Do not freeze in glass, as it will expand and burst in the freezer.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.003g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg