This Cowboy Butter Dipping Sauce is like garlic butter, but even better! It's loaded up with lots of herbs, lemon, spices, and more. Perfect for steaks, or nearly any protein.
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 whole lemon, juice and zest
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk. Adjust seasonings to taste. Store in the fridge in an airtight container until time to use. The flavors will develop over time.
Serve with steak, chicken, shrimp, pork, or fish. Enjoy!
This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. It can also be frozen for up to 6 months.
- Add seasonings, and herbs to taste. Anything is interchangeable in this sauce.
- Feel free to use softened butter instead of melted butter for a thicker butter sauce.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 743IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg