This Summer Salad Recipe with Grilled Peaches, Avocado Mozzarella and Strawberries is all of you favorite summertime fruits in a bowl. Add some red onion for a nice, pungent addition, alongside some charred lemon and fresh tomatoes for a pop of citrus and acidity. Garnish with fresh herbs like basil and mint for a gorgeous, healthy, gluten free dinnertime side!
Looking for a gorgeous summertime salad? This salad is a combo of all of our favorite summertime fruits, plus fresh basil and mint, charred lemon, mozzarella cheese and a little red onion for a well rounded bite. This salad is a great addition to any summertime grilling meal.
Here’s What We Used This Summer Salad Recipe with Grilled Peaches, Avocado Mozzarella and Strawberries:
- Grilled Peaches
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Red Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mint
- Serve with: Honey Lemon Vinaigrette, Oil & Vinegar, Salt and Pepper and a little charred lemon
A Nutrient Packed Side That Tastes Amazing:
This salad is a wonderful, gluten free and healthy side that highlights the best flavors of summertime. It might be a little on the higher end carbs wise, but those carbs come from great sources, whole foods and they make us feel great to eat them. We love to pair this salad with our keto friendly baked ribs recipe with homemade bbq sauce.
One serving of this salad (the whole recipe makes 8 servings) delivers over 25% of your daily Vitamin C and Calcium. Plus, it’s a great source of Vitamin A, all while tasting absolutely delicious.
If you’re looking for a different summery solution to your salad craving that tastes wonderful, we do have a couple suggestions.
While we may suggest this sirloin steak salad with fresh mozzarella and roasted vegetables or this healthier cheeseburger salad as your main dish, sometimes you just need a great side dish to accompany a light meal. Try this strawberry fields salad or this cabbage carrot and herb salad. All of these options go wonderfully with this delicious honey lemon vinaigrette!
Substitutions & Notes:
- Peaches- You can sub nectarines or even plums for peaches if you want! The key is something with a lovely flavor that will also take well to grilling.
- Herbs– For this recipe, we used fresh basil and mint and it complemented the other flavors perfectly. Use your favorite herbs, like parsley!
- Berries- If you don’t have strawberries on hand, don’t sweat it. You could use whatever your favorite berry is! Just make sure to adjust the carb count. You can also use fresh or frozen berries for this. Doesn’t matter.
- Cheese- No mozzarella? No worries, we just think it makes everything better. Sub with extra avocado!
- Avocado- No avocado? Sub with extra mozzarella! (see above)
- Citrus- You could easily use whatever citrus you like. We like to char our lemon a bit for extra flavor. Use limes, grapefruit or even orange instead.
- Red Onion- we like the pungent bite that onion adds, but feel free to use your favorite onion. We will also note that a little bit goes a long way with this ingredient, and cut it thin!
Things to Eat with this Summer Salad Recipe:
- Keto Maple BBQ Glazed Shrimp
- Low Carb Citrus Glazed Salmon
- These Easy Oven Baked Keto Ribs
- Really any protein you want, steak, fish, chicken, pork, etc.
Tools Needed For This Recipe:
Want to get supplies for this recipe or shop our keto kitchen or pantry? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
How to Make This Summer Salad Recipe with Grilled Peaches, Avocado Mozzarella and Strawberries:
Start by preheating your Lodge cast iron stovetop griddle over medium heat until it’s smoking hot. Oil your peaches and lemons so they don’t stick to the griddle. Place them fruit side down on the grill and don’t touch them for about 5 minutes, until there are some lovely grill marks on the fruit!
While your fruit is getting charred, slice up your strawberries, onions, avocado, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
At this point, you basically just want to layer and assemble. We like to garnish with charred lemon juice and little salt and pepper. Some oil and vinegar might be a nice touch, or this delicious honey lemon vinaigrette. There’s not much to this salad, but it makes a wonderful side!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. We love sharing your versions of our creations over on Instagram @afullliving!
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to subscribe to our email newsletter so you’re the first to know about new recipes we post on our blog.
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Summer Salad Recipe with Grilled Peaches, Avocado Mozzarella and Strawberries
- 2 medium peaches, halved with pits removed
- 1 whole lemons, halved (we will char the lemon and garnish with the juice, about 1 oz)
- 1 medium avocado, cut into slices
- 120 grams roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds (about 2 tomatoes)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into rounds
- 4 ounces fresh strawberries, quartered
- 50 grams red onion, cut into strips (about 1/4 of a medium red onion)
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of fresh mint
- salt, pepper, charred lemon, oil and vinegar, honey lemon vinaigrette salad dressing to garnish (and to taste)
- Start by preheating your Lodge cast iron stovetop griddle over medium heat until it’s smoking hot. Oil your peaches and lemons so they don’t stick to the griddle. Place them fruit side down on the grill and don’t touch them for about 5 minutes, until there are some lovely grill marks on the fruit!
- At this point, you basically just want to layer and assemble. We like to garnish with charred lemon juice and little salt and pepper. Some oil and vinegar might be a nice touch, or this delicious honey lemon vinaigrette. There's not much to this salad, but it makes a wonderful side!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.