This Rosé Paloma Cocktail with ginger is low carb, and the perfect boozy, unique and refreshing warm weather cocktail. Combine tequila with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, lime juice, homemade sugar free simple syrup, rosé wine, diet ginger beer, and line the rim with Tajin and salt for this delicious and healthier for you paloma! This version only has 5 net carbs per glass, and it packs a boozy punch with perfectly balanced flavors.
If you’re ready for the ultimate “patio pounder” of the season, this is IT! It’s incredibly refreshing and absolutely perfect for those warmer months. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, citrusy and refreshing with a lovely hint of ginger.
Feel free to skip to the recipe card if you’re ready to get right into it. We do cover common questions, tips, and tricks in the body of this post to keep reading if you’re wondering something. We do also include tons of step by step pictures in the body of the post.
- Sugar free simple syrup – We will include instructions below on how to make your own, but it’s really simple. It’s made with allulose sweetener and water.
- Tequila– Blanco or reposado will be your best friend for this. You can of course use your favorite however. Our favorite brand is Hornitos.
- Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice – Nothing can beat the freshness of this! You could also substitute with diet grapefruit soda like squirt, but trust us when we say, that fresh is best.
- Lime juice – Again, fresh squeezed!
- Extra dry rosé – Choose your favorite variety, we love Mionetto. Using dry rosé will keep the carbs as low as possible.
- Top with: Diet ginger beer to taste. This is what gives us the ginger flavor!
- Garnish with: grapefruit wedge, Tajin & pink salt rim (optional)
Let’s Make This Rosé Paloma:
If you don’t already have some sugar free simple syrup on hand, make that first so it can cool a bit. To make it, simply combine 1 cup of water with 1 and 1/4 cups allulose, and cook over low heat, until the sweetener has fully dissolved. Set aside to cool until ready to use. Store in a glass jar in the fridge and keep for months.
To make the cocktail, start by rimming the glasses with citrus juice, and then dipping the top of each glass in a mixture of Tajin and pink salt.
Add ice, fresh grapefruit juice and lime juice into the glass, then pour in the tequila.
Add in your rosé wine, and then top with ginger beer to taste. Use your bar spoon to mix everything up. Give it a taste, and add more simple syrup or ginger beer if you want more sweetness. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.
Now, serve and enjoy!
Simple Syrup: Making your own simple syrup is easy, sugar free or not. We use allulose sweetener to make our own sugar free simple syrups, as it won’t crystallize in the fridge. Allulose is a unique, rare component of sugar found naturally in dates and figs that don’t spike your blood sugar. If you aren’t concerned with carbs or sugar, you could of course use regular simple syrup.
Since allulose is slightly less sweet than sugar, we use a 1/4 cup more to make the sweetness level equivalent to sugar. If you don’t have simple syrup, you could probably just add sugar or sweetener to taste, liquid stevia drops, or honey. Your choice! Just know that any sweetening with regular simple syrup, sugar or honey will drastically increase the carb count and calories.
Citrus: Fresh squeezed grapefruit and lime juice are essential for this cocktail.
Rosé wine: We used extra dry rosé by Mionetto, that was gifted to us. (Thanks guys!) We love their sparkling wines. Use your favorite rosé, but you will probably want it to be dry, so that it doesn’t over sweeten or over power the whole cocktail.
Ginger Beer: We use our favorite diet ginger beer to add more flavor, as well as sweetness to this cocktail. We love Diet Goslings Ginger Beer.
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, but we get a small percentage of the sale.
A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
- Blackberry Ginger Gin Smash
- Blood Orange Serrano Ginger Fizz
- Pomegranate and Ginger Gin Bennett
- Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- Raspberry Moscow Mule
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Rosé Ginger Paloma (Low Carb)
For the cocktail:
- 1.5 oz tequila
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz sugar free simple syrup (or to taste)
- 1.5 oz extra dry rosé of choice (we love Mionetto)
- Top with: diet ginger berer to taste
- Garnish with: grapefruit wedge, Tajin, pink salt, lime
- To make the cocktail, start by rimming the glasses with citrus juice, and then dipping the top of each glass in a mixture of Tajin and pink salt.
- Add ice, fresh grapefruit juice and lime juice into the glass, then pour in the tequila.
- Add in your rosé wine, and then top with ginger beer to taste. Use your bar spoon to mix everything up. Give it a taste, and add more simple syrup or ginger beer if you want more sweetness. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.
- Serve and enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.